“It's average”

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Seattle, Washington
“It's average”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The room size is actually very good. It's a nice suite. The bathroom is recently upgraded

The unfortunate part is that it's under construction and is rather inconvenient. The brwakfast area could be cleaner. The back of the chair that I sat on was sticky. My bed had crumbs of sort. It's rather gross

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Salina, Kansas, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. My husband and I were very impressed with everything this hotel had to offer. I had read the reviews before booking, so I knew what to expect with the lobby construction. I like that we were offered our choice of what floor we wanted our room on. I can not pinpoint any one thing that we found this hotel was lacking. The room was clean, spacious and beautiful. Although we didn't use it, the closet in our room was amazing. The bathroom was huge!
I am always a little skeptical when a hotel offers a free breakfast. I was not disappointed with Hawthorn's breakfast. It was a wonderful start to our day!
My husband and I are usually in the KC area 2 weekends a year for the NASCAR races, we have already said that this will be the only hotel we stay at from now on!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We are so glad you chose the Hawthorn Suites for your stay during the races. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back next year.

Sincererly,
Brian Meader
MOLINE
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hotel was decent. Front lobby was being renovated which caused slight chaos. A number of groups were also checking in at the same time which was more chaotic. But overall, property was decent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thanks for the review on your recent stay at the Hawthorn. The lobby and clubhouse renovations will be completed towards the end of November. Hope you come back and see the changes! See you soon!

Brian Meader
LINCOLN
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A friend and I drove down on a Sat. to shop, eat and just relax and get away from Nebraska. By 3:00 Sat. she was in bed with a migraine. I left for several hours and came back about 8 and she suggested I get another room since she knew she would be up sick all night. I was happy that you had a room left. The room we had gotten for the weekend was purchased with a group on and when I made the reservation and also upon check in nothing was said to me that I would have a balance due. When I checked out on Sunday morning I was handed a bill for $35 and was told it was because we had two beds instead of one......which had we been told then upon check in it would have been fine. The person at the desk looked at her computer and said she personally had called my cell phone on a certain date and left the information. Unfortunately, most of the time I either don't get the messages or I can't get to them. Either way.......this information should have been given to us when we check in or at the least sent to me via e-mail which is the way I got the confirmation. I have sent copies of my groupon and a copy of of the final bill to the manager in hopes of a refund. I have also since looked at your website and the difference between a room with 2 beds and with 1 bed is only $10. So not sure where the $35 comes from. Both the second room I got and the first room were exactly the same except for the number of beds. Neither one was a "suite" as you called it. I was extremely disappointed that this information was not relayed to me when we checked in and am still hoping that I will be getting a refund in the mail in the near future. I mailed the letter and copies last Monday so am sure it has reached your motel by this time. I would appreciate anything you might do to take care of this matter. Regards, Nancy Whitten, 402-314-1660.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends