“Reasonable value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
GamerGirl-STL
“Reasonable value”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was on the lower end, but had a good price, and it was adequate for what I paid. The room was small, and fairly rundown, with what looked like a window seat that doubled as a small bed, with a really stained and beat-up looking cushion on it (I wouldn't have even sat on it). But it was fine as a convenient shelf for my bags. The air-conditioner was a bit temperamental, seeming to start and stop almost at random, but given time, when I set it down to its minimum temperature of 60 degrees, it did get the room down to a reasonable 70-something. The bathroom was clean and in good working order. There was no ice machine on my floor (that I could find), but the one across from reception on the ground floor worked well. There were plenty of electrical sockets, free wi-fi, and I had no problem with noisy neighbors. So overall, a reasonable place to stay for a brief visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Pragnesh N, Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
First of all thank you for your time & comments regarding your stay.

Thank you again and see you soon @ super 8,op,ks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 24, 2012

But if you are looking for a great location in KC, free computer usage, nice little Centennial Breakfast, lots of TV Channels, clean place to sleep ............. This maybe it and it is $50 a night! We stay there everytime we are in South KC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Fergie2065
Pragnesh N, General Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Big thank you for your valuable time and comments. as i saw on the comments see you soon @ super 8,op,ks
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this motor inn on July 26th. The inn was excellent -- the room was clean, nicely decorated and the bed very comfortable. But the best part of our stay was Peg at the front desk. Peg was very friendly, courteous and attentive to our comfort and needs. The inn had a number of teenagers staying there for youth sporting events. It was clear that the teenagers liked Peg. At the same time, Peg was able control the youth in a very polite and friendly manner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James M
peteroverlandpark, Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
First of all Big thank you for time and comments and we will do our best for all the guest feel we lcoming and this location.

again if you have comments or question please feel free to call me .

Thank you & have a SUPER DAY!!
Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights in May. The room was small but clean and quiet! The bed was comfortable, too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was adequate. When we are in the Kansas City area, we'll definitely book this hotel again. The only thing I would suggest is to have a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveler0156
peteroverlandpark, Manager at Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
thank you very much for your time and comments.
Reviewed May 18, 2011

For under $50 we got a clean room with one OK bed, TV, cereal for breakfast. Yes the room was small, but all we wanted was a place to sleep so no problem. The first room we were given had a malfunctioning toilet, but they just moved us into another room.

• Stayed May 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I found the staff here friendly and helpful, but the facility itself is dirty and the odor of deterioration (a rather sickeningly sweet smell somewhat similar to rotting apples) is everywhere. It's also the only property I've stayed in where old dusty spider webs hang freely from the walls.
As mentioned by previous posters, the rooms are REMARKABLY small - even by economy motel standards! I'd estimate about 120 square feet, including the bathroom. Another poster remarked what the motel states as a, "queen-size bed" is actually a smaller full-size, or double, bed. That might be a good thing as one can use the extra 6" of space the smaller bed DOESN'T take up!
"Business Center" is a single computer with internet access in the lobby - no printer.
"Smart Start Breakfast" is Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, coffee, tea, milk, bagels, small muffins, orange and apple juice, served in a rather dreary, dirty little room off the lobby.
GREAT wireless internet connection as someone had the foresight to put two routers on each floor!
I'll admit to staying in worse, but I was glad to leave and, hopefully, I won't be returning again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I've been in my room for a couple of hours and already I'm disappointed. There is no table in the room, which is inconvenient but not promised. There is no microwave, which clearly appears in the photo on the motel's website photo of the 2-double-bed standard room. The deadbolt on the door to the room won't lock, and the bedsheets are loose and poor-fitting. I called the front desk to inquire about the possibility of getting a table lamp, since the only lights in the room are two wall sconces (one RIGHT above the television which is inauspiciously sitting ON THE DESK and is blocked by the back of a huge rolling chair unless the chair is moved) and the FLUORESCENT TUBES above the beds. It is like I am staying in an office. But when I called the front desk, the phone rang more than 50 times and no one answered. So I called back. No answer. Then I called the hotel number from my cell phone and the man who answered acted like he didn't know what a table lamp was, and was not at all apologetic that the hotel doesn't have them in the rooms or on request. I'm not staying in a Super 8 again if this is what I can expect. I haven't even bothered to call about the deadbolt, b/c I assume no one will answer or care that I can't lock my door. Nevermind that the drain plug is stuck in the plugged position and the lever doesn't raise it. Currently I have a safety pin jamming one edge up so the water will drain. DISAPPOINTING!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends