“My favorite Overland Park Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Sedalia, Missouri
“My favorite Overland Park Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay in the Overland Park area usually a few times a month and this has become my choice hotel. It has a great location, ample parking, very friendly hotel staff (Thanks again Wess), clean big rooms, cooked to order breakfast, and evening reception!! If you can swing it I would get refreshment center acess. I like the ability to get snacks and drinks without having to carry cash!! Prior to a month ago the Sheraton was my preferred hotel and now it's The Embassy!!! Give it a try!! I've stayed in the suite and nonsuite rooms. I am ok with either. Of course, the suite rooms are bigger!! Overall a great place!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for providing us with excellent feedback about your experience at our hotel, it is very helpful! We are so proud to be your choice hotel for your Overland Park travels and look forward to your return to the Embassy Suites!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I was so anticipating a great night of sleep as usual with Embassy Suites BUT hat did not happen. The hotel needs a renovation! The beds were not comfortable, bedroom was very small, and bathroom dingy looking!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Gina P
I am very sorry for your unsatisfying stay!! Embassy Suites do have some of the most comfortable beds around and it is quite concerning that you did not find comfort in yours! If you might have the time I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to call the hotel directly and as for Sarah Rose. I look forward to making this right for you!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed 3 nights on business on premium floor. The snacks are decent but not sure it's worth the upgrade. Clean room but had a slightly noisy a/c unit. The gym facilities were in great condition. I enjoyed the happy hour, Ruben was a very entertaining bartender! The food was fair, and the choices weren't plentiful. Didn't travel there for the food, but it was not too appealing. I'd definitely return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to send a review on the hotel. I am glad you had a chance to try out our new Premium Floor! Any suggestions for improvement are greatly appreciated! I shared your review with the staff and Reuben was very happy to hear he left a great impression on you! We look forward to your return!
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The location was good. There were great restaurants close by but the bed was uncomfortable and the sheets did not fit the bed. The rooms were clean but seemed smaller than the average Embassy Suite room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sarah R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback from your stay, I am very sorry you did not find comfort in our beds. As being your home away from home we believe the bed is one of our most important features and ensure policies are followed to keep that comfort for the life of the mattress. If you have the time I would like to speak with you further so that I may be able to take a look at the suite you occupied. Please contact me by calling the hotel directly. - Sarah Rose
Ithaca, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This Embassy Suites is in a good location, with a lot of stuff around it. The staff were very nice and friendly, saying hello every time I walked in the front doors. Check in was a breeze. The public areas of the hotel are well maintained and modern looking. The major downside of this otherwise nice hotel is the outdated carpet, lamps, and furniture in the rooms. It felt like I was walking into my grandmother's house that was last updated in the 70's with the blah green couch, the cylindrical white lamp shades and blue-green chair. The colors really made me cringe, which is too bad, because the rest of the room is nice. The furniture was in good condition, so if it is on the new side, they should probably fire their interior decorator who is stuck in the 70's. Other than that, the cooked-to-order breakfast was good and the evening reception was a great value-added with the drinks. You could probably find a much newer hotel in the area for less than the price I paid per a night.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and recognizing the staff for their great services! I am sorry you were not pleased with the decor and hope that our services and great staff will bring you back in the future. Please check back on our website as we will be sure to update our guests upon any renovations coming in the future.
KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here for seven nights. The breakfast and maid staff are excellent. Front desk not so much. They werent attentive when you came up to the desk and some (older blonde female working late afternoon) were snippy. There are loads of hotels in close proximity to this one. Check another one out.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry to hear of you experience with our Front Desk staff!! I assure you I will be speaking with the mentioned desk clerk immediately but I would like to speak with you further to get some insight on some of your other encounters. If you have the time please contact me by calling the hotel's main number. I am pleased to hear that our breakfast and maid staff was able to leave a wonderful impression as I expect with all our staff. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I look forward to speaking with you soon. - Sarah Rose
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Recently speaking for an organization known as Comfort Keepers I stayed at the Embassy Suites. I had dinner there, after the complimentary cocktail hour where I watched the bartenders interact with customers finding myself smiling at their friendliness, their efficiency, their abilities to "keep up with demand". I had an incredible meal that evening; a filet minion cooked by their female chef, that was one of the best steaks I can remember in my travels, with all the trimmings. It was so wonderful that I asked the young waiter to please return to the kitchen and thank her for me, as it truly was outstanding. Thank you Embassy for once again being my favored property in my travels, and also talked about in my book titled Healing Heartaches for good work done with children with Cancer in Washington D.C., and VA, back in the day. I hope to return, the staff is professional, courteous, and can't be beat!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, if you want a view ask, if you like riding the elevator go high! I prefer to b...