“Completely impressed.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an outpatient surgery procedure. The suite was very spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff was so accommodating. They went out of their way to help me, providing hourly ice packs and anything we needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMEmbassyOP, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

What a wonderful review! We are so glad that you were comfortable during your stay with us. I will make sure the staff knows the great things you have said. Again thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We have stayed at this establishment several times in the past and have never been disappointed. The rooms are nice and clean, the staff is very friendly. The only problem was the late night revelers making too much noise. The complimentary breakfast is outstanding and really makes this place such a great value. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in January for a tournament. The room was very quiet, comfortable and "roomy" for our family of five. The master bed was especially comfortable! I thought the staff did a good job keeping up with the demands of a very full and boisterous crowd. They provided extra towels and bedding quickly and kept the areas clean, and the complimentary "happy hour" was a nice surprise. The location was convenient to area restaurants and the freeway. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a friend reunion. The accommodations were very nice...the suite was spacious and clean. The hotel has a nice atmosphere and it is at a convenient location. The Social Hour is great. They provide the drinks and the snacks!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Let me be clear: stop charging for Internet. I arrived at the Overland Park Embassy Suites late last night, worn out from the soul-sucking alienation of business travel. I wanted to Skype with my family, connect in some way, maybe stream an episode of The Good Wife from my laptop. I am told that I have to whip out my credit card and pay $10 for Internet. Free Internet isn’t even available in the lobby. Although I can expense this $10, it just seems wrong to me. So I go without. If McDonalds can offer free Internet, so can hotel chains. I don’t want your free breakfast. I want free Internet. Charge more for the room if you like. The Overland Park Embassy Suites property is fine. Clean, updated rooms, and a friendly, attentive staff. Normally I would award 4 stars. But from now on I plan to deduct a star for each hotel property which charges for Internet. So I will award 3. I encourage other TripAdvisor travelers to do the same. Maybe if we all band together, we can effect change. I realize that this is not a Rosa Parks-type issue, but charging for Internet is Just Plain Wrong.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank Alice M
Reviewed January 11, 2013

When I'm traveling for personal reasons, I like to stay at Embassy.  The atrium, and happy hour provides a nice place to visit with folks outside of *their* homes.  This Embassy is conveniently located near highway 435 and also the shops at 119th.    The hotel personnel were accommodating and friendly, even going out of their way to help me find a room to play with the kids.

If you need to stay on the southern side of KC Metro, this is a good place to do it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel had friendly staff, but the room was AWFUL!! We stayed in room 128. The ceiling was literally separated from the wall with huge, ugly cracks in the popcorn ceiling. You could also see the light from the adjoining rooms, shining through the "baseboard", which was carpet. The room was cold and had a mildew smell, and the walls were paper thin. We heard the guests tv in our bedroom well until 1am. Very frustrating. Certainly not the quality we expected and extremely overpriced. Disappointed in this hotel, to say the least.

• Stayed: January 2013