Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Gainesville, Florida
“Great visit, VERY clean”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stopping in for business this Marriott was exceptionally clean and the evening staff at check-in was amazingly gracious. Morning management was a little less friendly. Gym was nice, room was better than expected, the decor and recent remodel is beautiful.

Green Features: Marriott advertises environmental friendly practices, good reminder to guests who wish to participate.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I oftentimes choose to stay in a Marriott and am a silver Elite member. I must say this Marriott is not meeting my expectation. My room has ants crawling on the desk. The sink has some kind of back up the drain. The sink was clean before I went to bed. But it was covered with some sort of direct when I woke up - two days in a row. I had never had a stay like this in a Marriott. I always got premium free wifi in the Marriott that I stayed at. But not this one. I got regular free wifi not the premium wifi.

However. I must say the Bistro was good and the staff was friendly

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and your great comments about our Bistro staff! I apologize for the issues in your room. Please be assured that this is not our usual level of service and I will be addressing your concerns with my staff. If there is anything I can do for you to make up for these issues, please contact me directly at jeff.miles@marriott.com. Thank you!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I actually stayed in 2 Courtyards here. I was planning to stay with some colleagues in the other hotel but my travel agent booked me into this one. It never crossed my mind there would be two so close and so I didn't check the booking. So there I was on the phone saying "where are you. We're in the car park. I'm looking at the car park and can't see you." The chap on the desk heard the exchange and let me know there was another Courtyard and would I like to transfer. It was all so effortless. I'd like to say more about the hotel but I never actually got to sleep there and so my only experience was the interaction with the staff which was excellent.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff was very accommodating at this Category 3 Courtyard. The lobby has been fully remodeled a year ago. The rooms are all now being redone. They believe that by the end of March the will be complete. The hotel needs this upgrade. They will have the newest Marriott colors, a grey palette that we have not even seen yet. The lobby is still the last green and dark blue. We asked for extra towels and pillows and were quickly taken care of. But they no longer have complimentary coffee in the mornings, just Starbucks at the café. They should add that back. And I prefer the old breakfast buffets.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you very much for the feedback and the great scores & comments about our service. You are 100% correct in that our Rooms Renovation will be completed at the end of March and our hotel will be full renovated at the time. I apologize for the lobby coffee and will pass that feedback up the chain. For now, we have Starbucks for sale in the Bistro and complimentary coffee in our guest rooms.
Iowa
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My fiancée surprised me by having a getaway over Valentines weekend. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights. We arrived around 7pm Friday. We were greeted and asked if we had a room preference. We asked for first floor if possible. We were given first floor courtyard view! Amazing! The bed was so comfortable! The room was spacious! The staff was friendly during checkout. They offered to help us with the bags to the car! Wow! The room was a little pricy but it was a splurge! I definitely think we will go here again as we had a good time and was close to great restaurants and attractions. The hotel manager told us the hotel was under construction but we didn't see it just signs. Stay here it is worth the few extra dollars!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you very much for the great scores! And thank you for letting us be apart of your special weekend!
Singapore
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

As it says tired accommodation nearly daily maintance call out not usual marriott standards .
Staff do try hard though to make up for this , location good for downtown bars and
restaurants. But the location has no atmosphere maybe due to the time of year .
Make sure though you have lots of shopping money as it is 2 times more expensive than any other shopping areas

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am very excited to say that we are currently in the process of a rooms renovation. We will have the new look Courtyard room along with the Courtyard Refreshing Business Lobby. I hope that you will choose our location again on your next trip to Overland Park so that I can show off our new Hotel!
Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 13, 2014

stayed for 3 nights. bed was unbelievable, great nights sleep! The room was clean and comfortable. nice tv. they have a very nice lobby area which offers food for a cost. no free breakfast. There wasn't a fridge or micro in room. Plenty of places to eat nearby. I'd stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
#5 of 37 in Overland Park
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center

Been to Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard

Property: Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard
Address: 11301 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66210-4013 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf)
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
#9 Family Hotel in Overland Park
#10 Business Hotel in Overland Park
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf Hotel Overland Park