Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Kansas
“Needs a Remodel”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The staff at this Courtyard are fabulous! They provide outstanding customer service and truly seem interested in the experience of their guests. That being said, the rooms and hallways really need to be updated. The elevator made a horrible noise and the hallways were dark. The hotel lobby has recently been updated so maybe additional renovations are scheduled for other areas of the property. The pool, jacuzzi, and courtyard were nice. The room itself wasn't too outdated but the sheer curtains covering the sliding glass doors were so old and in such bad shape they gave me the creeps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your great comments about our staff. I am also happy to let you know that we are scheduling our rooms renovation in 1st Quarter next year. If you will send me an e-mail(jeff.miles@marriott.com) with your room number, I would love to address those creepy curtains! Thank you again - Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grove, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I needed a comfortable place to stay in Overland Park for a one day family function. The Overland Park Courtyard by Marriott served our needs very well. The property is less than a mile from the interstate and also less than two miles from WalMart, Target, Hobby Lobby, other stores and more restaurants than you can count. The location is quiet and it is easy to get in and out of the nearby Metcalf Avenue which is a main road in the area. The staff was friendly; however we did not take advantage of any extra services such as pool, spa, breakfast, etc. so our interaction with the staff was limited. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and secure. The location does not offer any noteworthy vistas, however it was suitable to our purpose. The room included an iron and ironing board which was very helpful as we had several clothing items in need of pressing. The proximity of Hobby Lobby proved to be very useful as we were in need of several craft and floral items and there is no better place than Hobby Lobby to get them. The proximity of WalMart was also helpful as we made a late night run for snacks.

Room Tip: the property sits away from Metcalf which would be the only source of noise so all rooms will be OK
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments! I hope we see you next time you are in OP.

Jeff
Wichita, KS
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel for a weekend stay. The previous stay was a few years ago and I remember being impressed with the room and the hotel in general, so we decided to stay here again. There are several hotels within the area, but for the price I feel that this was a great value. The room was comfortable. The shower was great. The food was good. The location is close to the highway. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for the great comments! Hopefully we will see you next time you are in OP! - Jeff
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

New and modern hotel. Excellent shape and furnishings. Entry area with bistro concept is nice. The pool and Jacuzzi were fun. The area is very well kept. Even the gas stations were immaculate. As we drove the area we were impressed with how well the buildings were organized. Overland Park is the most well kept office park I have ever seen. This excellent hotel fits so well in this neighborhood. We would stay here over and over if we were here again.

Room Tip: Stay facing away from the road to avoid noise, or anywhere in the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! Thanks for the great comments! - Jeff
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Typical Courtyard hotel - clean, neat, great service from the staff. The rate was a little pricey, especially when you have to pay for your own breakfast. But for the guest willing to pay the price, it is the type of hotel you expect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Corrales, New Mexico
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard due to an illness in my family. My initial booking was for two days, but I needed to extend for another two. I checked in with Jeff Miles, the GM, and I told him I had an illness in the family and might need to extend my stay. I ended up staying a total of 7 nights. He could not have been more accommodating and told me to just let him know and he would take care of it. Additionally, when I arrived in my room that night after another late night at the hospital, I found a gift bag in my room with bottled water, protein bars and snacks. I cannot begin to tell you how much those seemingly little things mean to someone who is going through a family crisis. Every morning when he saw me he checked on the status of my family and asked if there was anything he could do. He even booked me an extra night as the hotel was filling up and he wanted to make sure I would have a room if I needed it. The property itself is a typical Courtyard--comfortable, quiet, clean rooms, cheerful lobby and great food in the bistro. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the great comments! I hope all is well with your family, now! - Jeff
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We found this hotel on priceline just a few hours before we arrived for a good rate and we had a very easy check in. We were assigned a room on the 4th floor and it was a nice, average King-sized bed room with a couch, desk and TV. The hotel is not fancy, but a solid clean family friendly place to stay. There were lots of families here with weekend sports tournaments. We were in town for a concert but wanted to stay somewhere more quiet than downtown KC. This area has several nice hotels clustered together right off I-435, so it is easy to get to and quiet. Breakfast is not included, which is a drawback in this day and age, but there was a nice QT close by that we got some breakfast.
NOTE: Bring your own bathroom toiletries because theirs are very small and won't even suffice 2 people for 1 shower :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple