Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this hotel for a weekend stay. The previous stay was a few years ago and I remember being impressed with the room and the hotel in general, so we decided to stay here again. There are several hotels within the area, but for the price I feel that this was a great value. The room was comfortable. The shower was great. The food was good. The location is close to the highway. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
OPCtydManager, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for the great comments! Hopefully we will see you next time you are in OP! - Jeff

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard

Reviewed May 16, 2013

New and modern hotel. Excellent shape and furnishings. Entry area with bistro concept is nice. The pool and Jacuzzi were fun. The area is very well kept. Even the gas stations were immaculate. As we drove the area we were impressed with how well the buildings were organized. Overland Park is the most well kept office park I have ever seen. This excellent hotel fits so well in this neighborhood. We would stay here over and over if we were here again.

Room Tip: Stay facing away from the road to avoid noise, or anywhere in the courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thanks for the great comments! - Jeff

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Typical Courtyard hotel - clean, neat, great service from the staff. The rate was a little pricey, especially when you have to pay for your own breakfast. But for the guest willing to pay the price, it is the type of hotel you expect.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard due to an illness in my family. My initial booking was for two days, but I needed to extend for another two. I checked in with Jeff Miles, the GM, and I told him I had an illness in the family and might need to extend my stay. I ended up staying a total of 7 nights. He could not have been more accommodating and told me to just let him know and he would take care of it. Additionally, when I arrived in my room that night after another late night at the hospital, I found a gift bag in my room with bottled water, protein bars and snacks. I cannot begin to tell you how much those seemingly little things mean to someone who is going through a family crisis. Every morning when he saw me he checked on the status of my family and asked if there was anything he could do. He even booked me an extra night as the hotel was filling up and he wanted to make sure I would have a room if I needed it. The property itself is a typical Courtyard--comfortable, quiet, clean rooms, cheerful lobby and great food in the bistro. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend them.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great comments! I hope all is well with your family, now! - Jeff

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We found this hotel on priceline just a few hours before we arrived for a good rate and we had a very easy check in. We were assigned a room on the 4th floor and it was a nice, average King-sized bed room with a couch, desk and TV. The hotel is not fancy, but a solid clean family friendly place to stay. There were lots of families here with weekend sports tournaments. We were in town for a concert but wanted to stay somewhere more quiet than downtown KC. This area has several nice hotels clustered together right off I-435, so it is easy to get to and quiet. Breakfast is not included, which is a drawback in this day and age, but there was a nice QT close by that we got some breakfast.
NOTE: Bring your own bathroom toiletries because theirs are very small and won't even suffice 2 people for 1 shower :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very friendly desk staff. Rooms were quiet, clean and beds were really comfortable. Close to the interstate and there is nice shopping, dining and movies just down the road. The breakfast was not free but a good value for the price charged.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This property is easy access from I-435. Check-in experience was efficient, and elevator access to rooms conveniently and closely located. the lobby area seemed abuzz with guest/customers and had a very inviting and modernized atmosphere. Enjoyed severall alcoholic beverages in the open-air lobby lounge. Views and people watching were also enjoyable. Only holdback from a small-town boy were the high drink prices plus the add-on sales tax which is typical of Kansas bars/lounges. Seems they would figure out how to include the sales tax in the price and round it off. I suppose it helps to blame the State for part of the excessive pricing. Oh well!

Had coffee in the lobby-located Starbuck's and enjoyed again relaxing in the lobby area. Coffee prices....didn't notice!

Although we did not dine in the hotel atits restaurant outlets, staff recommended them highly. It was nice to have those options within convenient access.

Room Tip: The top three floors have extra security in that the room key card is required to access those floor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
#4 of 37 in Overland Park

Been to Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard

Address: 11301 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66210-4013 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf)
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
#9 Family Hotel in Overland Park
#10 Business Hotel in Overland Park
Price Range: $98 - $211 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf Hotel Overland Park