“I highly recommend this Hotel!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed March 22, 2009

If you want to have a relaxing stay, this is your place. The staff, from making our reservation to checking out, are professional friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the heating/cooling system works without any odor.
the complimentary breakfast includes: cereals, waffles, fruits, juices, yogurt,biscuits and gravy/scrambled eggs and sausages on alternate days.. a daily USA paper. It is quiet and off the road. We plan on staying here whenever we are in Overland Park, KS.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnnybegood

Reviewed July 26, 2008

We recently stayed at the La Quinta in Overland Park, KS (10610 Marty Ave.) We were there for three nights, July 13, 14, & 15. We stayed in room 160.

I will start with the bathroom: By the second day, we had no toilet paper, it was not replenished when they cleaned our room. In addition, when we checked in, we only had 2 bathtowels for 4 people, and 2 washcloths. We were given no new washcloths the second day.

There were weird round stains on the bathroom mirror, I tried to remove them with one of our two washcloths, couldn't remove. There was no bathoom fan, so no surprise... mold on shower curtain, and mold on bathroom ceiling. (see photo)

On to the beds: We had two queen size beds... the sheets did not fit, I woke up in the middle of the night and my face was directly on the mattress...Just sitting down on the bed, the sheets were about to pop off...There was no mattress pad, just sheets directly over the mattress.

Next: the air in the room was moist, even with the air conditioner on low, we were freezing.

This is crazy: (see photo) there was a HUGE dust web above the TV set, waving in the wind from the air conditioner, If all the lights were turned off except the bathroom and hallway, you could see it perfectly...Its probably still there...

Okay, now for the positive.....The people working in the hotel were super nice, the pool was beautiful and clean, the breakfast area was clean, and the food was good...except the eggs which were tasteless....And even though waking up with my face on the mattress freaked me out, the bed was very comfortable.

Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, because the pool makes up for the other stuff...my kids had a blast in the pool.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I have stayed at many La Quinta Inns and Inn and Suites across the USA, and I would definitely recommend this one for anyone looking for a quiet and clean place to stay in this area. I stayed here one night while on a cross-country roadtrip, and I was very pleased with the room. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean and functional. One plus of this La Quinta is that the rooms have balconies. This is very convenient for fresh air options. This LQ also has a wide variety of breakfast items, and the parking is convenient for unloading as well. Overall, this is a very nice place to stay for people traveling on a budget who still want a little comfort!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 20, 2008

The hotel advertises as a non-smoking hotel - it is not. When we arrived there was a sign posted at the front desk that says the city of Overland Park has an ordinance that there is no smoking in public facilities and to comply La Quinta asks you not to smoke in your room but you can go out on the balcony of your room to smoke. About every 3rd room has a balcony and there is no non-smoking part of the hotel.
We were travelling with friends who had the same reaction to the smokey rooms. Also, the closet in our room was dusty (not been vacuumed in weeks) and there were jelly beans on the floor by the bed (previous guests?)The carpet had stains near the door. When we returned to our room after dinner our room was extremely smokey - we suspected the guests in the room next door (with an adjoining door) were smokers. We put towels at the base of the doors, complained to the manager who said "there is nothing I can do".
We checked out the next day (leaving the smokey towels as proof) and moved to a Marriott hotel that is truly non-smoking. The manager did issue us a refund because of our bad experience.
If you're a smoker, the location is good and it is in a quiet area off of Metcalf.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I found this property on priceline but I booked it by contacting them directly (I got the same rate) When I arrived the staff was very helpful. They gave me some ideas on places to eat. The room was clean clean clean. Couldn't have asked for a cleaner room. The entire hotel I believe is non-smoking. It was so quiet there! In the morning the staff printed me off some directions to museums, and helped me get around town. Amazing experience

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 23, 2008

My husband and I needed a centrally located hotel in Kansas City and we lucked out with this one! It's only 2 blocks North of I-435, is surrounded with other nice hotels in a very quiet area. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious; the breakfast fare was ample; and the breakfast area had lots of tables and seating. We will definitely stay here when we return to KC! With our AAA discount the room cost us approx. $51 a night!!

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Excellent stay! My mother-in-law is in Kansas City so we visit often and have stayed in several hotels in that area. This is the nicest one so far. The rooms were very nice and quiet with very soft comfortable beds. The lobby and breakfast area was large and had a nice gas fire going all the time. Breakfast included eggs and bacon/sausage and make your own waffles besides the usual cereal and pastries. Free coffee was always available morning and evening. My son left his pillow in his room and we called several hours after we had checked out and the staff had the pillow at the front desk ready for us to pick up. They were very nice and accomodating. This seems to be a nicer than most La Quinta. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family