“Where are these people staying?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Grapevine, Texas
“Where are these people staying?”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have no idea where the people who have given this hotel good reviews stayed...couldn't have been at this hotel!
Based on the reviews, I went ahead and booked this hotel, even though I knew better...haven't stayed at a top quality La Quinta in AGES!
This hotel is old, poorly maintained, absolutely erratic temperatures in both common areas and private rooms, pitiful breakfast, needs paint and carpet and new wallpaper everywhere, and some pretty pathetic decorating tastes...just nothing outstanding at all.

I rarely write any reviews, and almost never write something like this...just so bad I had to write this.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We recently traveled to Overland Park, KS and stayed at the La Quinta on Marty Drive. It was clean, updated and we were able to obtain an adjoining room to my elderly parents. The bed and pillows were excellent. The elevators were quick and efficient and the breakfast was very good. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 8, 2011

This is the second time we've stayed here. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and attentive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Wichita
Reviewed April 7, 2011

First of all it is hard to find without a GPS. Next the front desk clerk argued with me at check in for my AARP or AAA card when I reserved the room without any discount! I was given a queen room (looked and felt like a double bed!) when I was supposed to have a King bed. La Quinta's are supposed to be pet friendly but they have no real pet area to walk your dog, being a hilly area it is difficult to find a area to walk a dog. About 4 am I as woken up by my dog after the person putting the bill under my door being too loud! Took a shower with very low water pressure. The best thing came at 11:55 am (when check out is listed as 12 noon) when two employees loudly knocked on my door wondering why I am still there and seemed to be upset that I would actually check out at the noon time! So know its time to go to the front desk and make a few complaints... that bill they slid under the door was about $2 too much, plus I complained about the door knocking, the bed size and water pressure for a whopping $5 off including the $2 they over charged... I would think twice next time or leave the dogs at sitter and stay at Drury Inn next time

Room Tip: leave your dog at home and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 27, 2011

My husband and I flew to Kansas City for the weekend to attend a Chiefs game. I chose this hotel because, on another site, it had almost 300 reviews and a rating of 4.5. I figured how could that many people be wrong? They were not! The staff was extremely friendly, the rooms were very comfy, and the breakfast was generic but yummy. The front desk staff was always polite and helpful. Our room was clean, and the bed was cozy. We had a balcony that overlooked the pool courtyard, which would be really cool in the summer; it was, however, neat to see all the snow! The breakfast area was well-stocked and clean. Plus, I appreciate any hotel that always has fresh coffee in the lobby! There are also plenty of stores and restaurants around if you have some down time. There were a couple of downsides that may or may not have been the fault of the hotel. There were numerous ice machines that were out of order during our stay. The jacuzzi was also not working. The walls were quite thin. I was awakened at 6:30 Saturday morning to the people carrying on next door, yelling, using the hair dryer, and slamming doors. I realize that these people were just extremely inconsiderate, but I know a lot of reviewers take that stuff into consideration. Overall, this hotel was an amazing setting at an even more amazing price! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Stayed in a suite. Clean and simple. Bed was ok, but agree with others that they sag in the middle. Interesting is that there is no information in the room about breakfast, pool hours, checkout time etc. When put a do not disturb sign on the door, I received a postcard from housekeeping telling me that I could pick up towels at the front desk. When I changed the sign to clean room, it was done later in the day. Just thought the postcard was different. Breakfast was ok, similar to others, with waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy. Overall the hotel is pretty well maintained. Could use some attention to details, but the value is great. Lots of space at a very reasonable price. Would probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Alma, KS
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed for one night and found the accomodations just right. The location was a little difficult to find...off the main road but that probably made for a quieter sleep. We would definitely consider using this hotel again if we are in the area. The breakfast was really good but was not available until 7:00 on Saturday; 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. would be much better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family