“Top Notch Chinese food...”
Review of Fortune Wok

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Fantastic egg drop soup and right next door to my workplace, The Great Frame Up, so convenient, great service, and good food! I'm a regular customer :)

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Last night was my first visit to the Fortune Wok location on Metcalf. Ususally we've gone to the one on 135th St and this merits its own review, as it is not the same restaurant. I thought the preparation of the food was better here than at the 135th St location. The place was VERY busy on New Year's Eve and the service was not ideal. The staff seemed inexperienced. But the food was good. They serve sushi at this location and I decided to try with something safe, a little Yellowtail nigiri-style. The fish was pretty good, but the rice was too small and not properly seasoned. If you go here I like the Wok Roasted Chicken, but it could be spicier. One thing about these restaurants that is great is their gluten free menu. We can recommend the Sesame Chicken and the Chicken Chow Fun, both GF.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We are new to the area, and tried for a while to find a Chinese restaurant that we like. Our search ended once we discovered Fortune Wok. The atmosphere is casual, yet comfortable. It has an Asian flair, without having dusty nicknacks everywhere. It is just calm and relaxing, and seems very clean. The food is reasonably priced and is very tasty. We've always had very good service, too. I've asked for a dish that wasn't on the menu (cashew shrimp) and they were very accommodating. We really like this place!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I wanted Chinese Friday Night and we went to the Fortune Wok on 135th St. It was ok, but the cook got a little too happy with the salt. Have gotten better there.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place has by far the best Chinese food in the area. I have not tried a dish there that wasnt great!. The service is awesome. The place id very clean! The portions are large and usually have left overs. Ive always seen the owner on site making sure that everything is running smooth which I really like!. I would highly recommend this restaurant.