“Finally an Amazing Donut”
Review of LaMar's Donuts

LaMar's Donuts
Ranked #7 of 15 Bakeries in Overland Park
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love Lamar's donuts. So many different and unique types to choose from and they're all fresh. Friendly staff working at a fast pace, with a nice quiet neighborhood atmosphere. Here in Texas, I won't buy a donut. All I want is Lamar's now

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

No donut place can possibly exist that is better than LaMars! I've tried two locations and same long lines and worth the 5 minute wait to pick out the most delicious, fresh donuts! They need to expand across USA!! I wish I took photos so you could almost taste the freshness from the phone. I've been to Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, local bakeries and no one compares!! Please expand to other states!!! Yummy! The dough and frosting is too good to be true. The fluffy marshmallow filling is incredible.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lamar's is dependable. Not fancy, not life-changing but very good. I am a fan of the standard glazed yeast donut and they are always good. They are good sized and you feel like you are biting into something substantial, as opposed to Krispy Kreme which are like air. There is a good yeast flavor and I like them once in a while. Recommended!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

While visiting the KU Bookstore on Quivira, I stopped in LaMar's Donut & Coffee on a recommendation by a relative. I am very glad that I stopped!

The donuts and coffee selections were fresh and plentiful. The staff was fast and friendly! They greeted regulars by name, and asked if they'd like their usual, including naming the item(s) that the regular normally got.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

There are locations throughout the KC Metro area, but I can only speak to the Overland Park location at Antioch and College. These donuts are among the few I found that can rival the little home-town bakery donuts I grew up with back in Iowa. The raised donuts are a nice, light texture that fills you up without that heavy feeling that so many donuts can have. Beware- they will sell out of their best flavors.
On top of being delicious, the service has been extraordinary every time I have gone. Even though it is a chain, its overall feeling is that of a home-town community bakery.