“Birthday Celebration”
Review of YaYa's Eurobistro

YaYa's Eurobistro
Reserve with OpenTable
YaYa's Eurobistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 495 Restaurants in Overland Park
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 119th and Roe
Description: The word Yia Yia means grandmother in Greek and if your grandmother is anything like ours, she loves to cook and loves a day off even more. Everyone here at Yia Yias takes great pride in offering you a menu of exciting, distinctive creations. We use local, fresh, seasonal produce whenever possible and always provide our patrons with the highest quality ingredients available. And we’re just as dedicated to superb, but subtle, service. We encourage you to relax and treat yourself to the unique flavors, hospitality and style of Yia Yias. We have an extensive collection European wine, and spirits as well as an eclectic array of Euro-Styled beers. Come and enjoy great food, great service and an unmatched experience in the heart of Overland Park.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

As both of our children were in for a special birthday for my wife we decided to go to Yia Yia's. Yia Yia is the greek word(s) for grandma and we thought this appropriate as we often spent special occasions at the childrens yia yia's. While near our home we had not been to this restaurant in years. The dinner was a surprise for my wife as she did not know the kids were coming into see her and celebrate. I had made the reservation about a week before and asked that they provide us with special birthday cake.

When we arrived and were seated at our table the waitress came by ( wish I could remember her name) and asked who the birthday person was and wished my wife a happy birthday. A little while later the manager came introduced himself and wished her a happy birthday. The food and service were excellent and we were made to feel special through out the meal. The special cake ( dark chocolate with raspberries) was more than we could have wished for.

We highly recommend this restaurant and will visit again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I believe they need education when checking for the done ness of a steak .ordered medium came out first time rare second time the same steak came back as beef jerky but thank you for putting on a bed of potatoe purée to cover the burnt side. Won't be back.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was in town for soccer tournament and went here with another family and loved the restaurant. I'll first start by saying the service was fantastic. The waitor was very attentive and I never felt I waited for anything. The food, I had the chicken minestrone soup, had the filet Mignon and finished with cheesecake. They also had a nice patio and live music.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I had our date night and decided to try out Yia Yia's during their happy hour. That way we could test them out without plunking down a fistful of dollars. Apparently happy hour is served only at the bar, but since it was full, we were seated at a table. We ordered the mussels in garlic cream sauce served with herbed parmesan fries; polenta with duck confit, mushrooms and balsamic jus and the house baba ganoush served with fresh bread. The mussels were good, though the kitchen was a little too generous with the cream sauce. What made the dish for us, was the fries. They were phenomenally tasty, with a nice salty bite from the parmesan. The polenta was creamy, buttery goodness taken to another level by the mushrooms and jus. We both agreed that the baba ganoush was outstanding and our favorite dish. All of this was washed down by my sangria, while my husband drank something called an icepick, I believe. Would defintely return for another date night and try something from the dinner menu.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Have always heard wonderful things about this restaurant and went for Sunday brunch. Found the service to be outstanding (ask for Walt) but the food nothing special. In fact, a couple of the menu items didn't arrive as described (tenderloin hash was more stew consistency than hash) and the crab was missing from crab and asparagus omelet. The bread brought to our table though was amazing, something one would almost crave. Our guess is that Ya Ya's is better for other meals than brunch.