“Super friendly staff, awesome ribs”
Review of Brobeck's BBQ

Brobeck's BBQ
Ranked #5 of 478 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Brobeck's BBQ is a Family Owned and Operated restaurant in Overland Park, KS. We offer Dine in, Carryout and Catering. Our hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11am-9pm.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Super friendly staff, awesome ribs”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for carry out; out going and funny staff.
Awesome ribs and fries. Mac n cheese looked like Kraft.

KCMO
“Among KC's best BBQ, and that's saying something!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Brobeck's has been our favorite KC barbecue restaurant for several years, and we've tried a lot of them. Other places may do 1 or 2 things slightly better, but I've found nowhere that has the consistently good and delicious food, as well as the friendly atmosphere and excellent service that is a mainstay at Brobeck's. Everything on the menu is classic, fantastic KC BBQ, from the sandwiches to the incredible babyback ribs.

Side dishes are also a delight. The beans, the cheesy corn, corn nuggets, potato salad...even the big, hot and fluffy fries. YUM! Oh, and ask for a sample of their ham salad! It's the best you'll ever eat, hands down.

My wife and I have been Brobeck's regulars for several years, and when we're ready for KC barbecue, we more often than not will head here. If you haven't tried it yet, get there before you die. You'll be glad you did.

1 Thank larryf1952
Texas
“Another good BBQ place in KC, really?”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Took my son to get BBQ lunch at this place with the good reviews, while the girls took the grandchildren to a movie. My daughter said "get there early, it fills up quickly". A very good sign! We got there at 11 AM when they opened and the parking lot was mostly empty as was the restaurant. We were greeted as we entered and directed to seats, and the server was there immediately with menus and tableware. By the time we ordered and were served (in a very timely fashion, I might add), the place had filled. I don't believe there was an additional seat to be had by my observance.
I had the burnt ends and coleslaw and my son had the pork ribs & sliced meat platter with baked beans. The meat is served without sauce so that you can add if you want to. You may not want to add it though as the meat was very flavorful and smoky on it's own with a slightly spicy rub, and the sides were adequate, not exceptional, all in all a very tasty and filling meal. The only thing I found odd-no bread was served with either meal. We were too busy enjoying the meats to notice until we had left; probably would have been supplied if I had asked.

1 Thank Gtwnret
“One of the best BBQ joints in town. . .”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a meal at Brobeck's, which we selected based on Trip Advisor recommendations. We have eaten at many of the local BBQ establishments, both the long-time standards as well as many of the newer ones and national chains as well. This evening, the food, service and experience combined to really impress. By far this is in the top 3 of my KC BBQ list.

The service was outstanding. Attentive, cordial, helpful and prompt. They even provided some small samples of some of the menu items as we sat down.

The menu is pretty much basic BBQ. Their specialty, the server claimed, is their ribs and their burnt ends. We tried both and came away quite pleased. The burnt ends were not dry, as they can sometimes be, nor overly fatty (greasy). They were smokey, as they should be, and quite rich. The ribs, likewise, had a good deal of smokey flavor, were not fatty, and had a good quantity of meat and balance of flavor from the rub.

We also tried the cheesy corn, beans (top 2 to 3 in town), cole slaw, and fries (thick cut, steak fries) and were not disappointed.

The meal was fantastic. The only reason I did not rate "Excellent" (5 out of 5) is because this is BBQ, and though very good, not the BEST meal I have ever had.

Great prices, great service, great food. Really should be on your list of places to try. It is now on my places to frequent.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank okmac
Kansas City, MO
“Truly fantastic barbeque at Brobeck's!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went here tonight based on TA reviews, and WOW what a fantastic place this is. First off, we arrived at 6 pm on a Friday night and while the place was very busy we were able to be seated right away. Our server, Cierra, was super nice and friendly and explained the menu to us, including the specials. I wanted to try the meat and skip the sides, so got the burnt ends dinner without sides, and ordered three extra baby back ribs to try. My wife had the smoked chicken. We both had the (wait for it) smoked baked potato, which I've never seen anywhere. This is just a baked potato cooked in the smoker and it was really good. For my money, this was one of THE best BBQ places I've ever eaten. The burnt ends were very smoky and also very lean, one of the major issues I have with some places. The baby back ribs were perfect and super tender, and lots of meat. The smoked chicken was excellent and very tender. They gave us a sample of their signature ham salad with crackers and it was delicious. We also tried the potato salad. They offer two of their own sauces at the table but they also have a sauce bar with FOUR other options if you want them. This place has a homey, small town feel and the food is superb, so we will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013