“Barbeque at its best”

Brobeck's BBQ
Ranked #5 of 483 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Brobeck's BBQ is a Family Owned and Operated restaurant in Overland Park, KS. We offer Dine in, Carryout and Catering. Our hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11am-9pm.
“Barbeque at its best”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is my son's favorite place to eat every time we come to KC. His favorite is the smoked ham salad with homemade chips. I like burnt ends and the baby back ribs - but you can only get those on Friday and Saturday nights. The three sides that are outstanding (our opinion) are the beans, the corn nuggets, and the cheesy corn.

• Visited July 2013

Kansas
“KC's Best Ribs”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Hands down, Doug's ribs are the best in the city. Lean, smoky, tender, and full of flavor! And unlike some other BBQ joints, you'll find only meat and bone on a Brobeck rib! He also makes a smoky ham salad that is unlike any I've ever tasted. Brobeck's sauce is one of my favorites - KC style, but not too sweet. You cannot go wrong with ribs at Brobeck's!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank OP_Local
Shawnee, Kansas
“Great Barbeque, Maybe”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The restaurant is on the corner of a small strip mall. There is nothing special or fancy about the environment. It is like a little mom-and-pop place with people that make you feel right at home. Right across the interstate are a lot of more fashionable, higher priced barbeque places that are good. What makes this different is the way it is old-school and not trendy. I like that in a place.

They are not widely known in the city. I've lived here my whole life and never ran across this place until now. As I understand it, they have been in business for several years under another name and a location farther south and away from the traffic.

The food was very good. I had the lunch special of a 1/4 lb of beef brisket on a bun with one side (several available, I had the coleslaw), pickle slices,and a drink. I added fries with it. The brisket had a wonderful smoky flavor and a great texture but it was a little dry. The fries were fabulous! Not the typical fast-food variety but a larger cut with a crispy shell and soft interior. The coleslaw was good. It had a creamy, sweet sauce. At least it was meant to have a sweet sauce, but it was not as sweet at I have been used to. Others may like the slaw that way.

The service was great. Fast, accurate, and very friendly.

The price fell well within the norm for this type of fare. It was not priced as the higher-end restaurants across the interstate so it was much more reasonable.

I would recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
“A great surprise”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Low key BBQ joint. Exceptionally clean - most of these places have sticky sauce all over bottles or in a bottle rack. Not this place. They were clean. While not the very best BBQ I have ever had I rated this tops because of good food at a very reasonable price. I went to Jack Stack the next day and got a similar entree. No comparison. This place has superior food at a much better price.

• Visited April 2013
Kansas City
“Obviously this not the same place everyone else went”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very subpar BBQ. Brisket tasted reheated/microwaved. Had a funky off taste and was tough. Burnt ends were huge chunks of very fatty looked like roast, and very little char. Beans were the worst beans I've ever had in kc. Runny, no meat, and heavy garlic or onion powder taste. Thank goodness the serving was small. The cole slaw was very good, and the smoked sausage was good. Ribs, not so much. Tasted parboiled then undercooked in the smoker. Had a very odd texture. So many other better places in kc.

• Visited April 2013