“Best coconut soup EVER!!!”
Review of Korma Sutra

Korma Sutra
Ranked #9 of 486 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We love both locations of Korma Sutra (both Overland Park and Westport). The coconut soup is to die for. We love the dinner for two or four depending on your group. Our most recent visit to the Overland Park restaurant was a hoot! The employees...especially the nephew was so much fun and very personable. Splendid!

There are newer reviews for Korma Sutra

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Be ready to engage in conversation with the owner, he is one of a kind. He is very happy and the food is very good!!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Korma Sutra is a classic Indian joint in the KC area. I generally don't like buffets, but the buffet at their Westport location is awesome and a bargain. I generally go to the other Korma Sutra in Overland Park by the "Darth Vader" building. My grandkids love the place, so it's our usual birthday dinner outing. Tell them it's your birthday and you'll be treated to the most amazing display of dancing, balloons, serenading and dessert you've ever witnessed! The cuisine is excellent. The curries are always fresh, smooth and no surprises. They use quality ingredients and supplement the entrees with generous "surprise" sides of pekora and portions of alternate dishes no one ordered. The "happy man" who runs the show at the Overland Park restaurant is just a delight a genuine human being. If you are in the mood for Indian in KC, I highly recommend Korma Sutra, especially the Overland Park location.

1  Thank Irrashimasse
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went here with someone who'd already been and couldn't wait to share it with me. I'm glad he did! The buffet was a pleasant surprise. When we walked in, the buffet made me nervous, because all the signs in my view said "chicken," and I'm vegetarian. However, our waitress assured me that over half the buffet was vegetarian, and it was. Everything I tried was so good, but the warm naan brought to our table made it even better. The owner made for a great atmosphere, loudly wandering around the dining room, singing "happy naan, be happy!" The mango lassi was super sweet, and so good; but my favorite part of the meal was the chai tea we were served afterward. Once we left, the owner came running after us with a cup of chai tea to-go, he must have sensed just how much we enjoyed it. We'll definitely be going back!

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

While I have written a number of reviews this is the first time I have actually used this app to find myself a eatery. Glad I did. Very good food. Not as good as the place I was last week but thats 5000 miles from here so not so easy to go back. But a very good substitute. You will try samples Indian food you have not tried before as free samples placed in front of you before and after your meal. A nice touch. Also washing your hands in a different way. The wall is covered in local awards for best Indian restaurant in KC. Probably all try judging by the food and service.