“Buffet offers options for everyone.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Korma Sutra

Korma Sutra
Ranked #9 of 474 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Topeka, Kansas
“Buffet offers options for everyone.”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I went here with someone who'd already been and couldn't wait to share it with me. I'm glad he did! The buffet was a pleasant surprise. When we walked in, the buffet made me nervous, because all the signs in my view said "chicken," and I'm vegetarian. However, our waitress assured me that over half the buffet was vegetarian, and it was. Everything I tried was so good, but the warm naan brought to our table made it even better. The owner made for a great atmosphere, loudly wandering around the dining room, singing "happy naan, be happy!" The mango lassi was super sweet, and so good; but my favorite part of the meal was the chai tea we were served afterward. Once we left, the owner came running after us with a cup of chai tea to-go, he must have sensed just how much we enjoyed it. We'll definitely be going back!

• Visited May 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Unexpected pleasure ”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

While I have written a number of reviews this is the first time I have actually used this app to find myself a eatery. Glad I did. Very good food. Not as good as the place I was last week but thats 5000 miles from here so not so easy to go back. But a very good substitute. You will try samples Indian food you have not tried before as free samples placed in front of you before and after your meal. A nice touch. Also washing your hands in a different way. The wall is covered in local awards for best Indian restaurant in KC. Probably all try judging by the food and service.

Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I had to laugh when I read the February 2014 review from the lady in Iowa who was visiting KC and tried to place a delivery order at this restaurant. The man that answered the phone is also the man that takes my carry out orders at least three times a month. He speaks very fast, so you must be prepared to listen, and I imagine if they were too busy to take my order, he would have no qualms about letting me know and ask me to call back later. However, I can attest to the fact that once you get in the door, whether you must wait for your order or if its ready, he immediately brings the me and all the customters waiting for a table, a cup of chai tea, and two other amazing appetizers from their menu. He runs around the restaurant, non stop, answering the phone, taking checks, bringing up carry out orders, seating customers and bussing tables, while delivering amusing one-liners to the diners at tables. This restaurant's Indian cuisine is the best in the city and well worth waiting for!

• Visited April 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great lunch”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Popped in for their lunch buffet and the food was fantastic! The owner is very energetic, fun and hospitable. If your around this part of town and in the mood for indian food, pop ingot his place!

• Visited March 2014
Iowa
“Traveling”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My fiancée and I visited Kansas City over Valentines weekend. We got into town around 7pm and got checked into the hotel. They provided us a list of places willing to deliver to the hotel. This place was on the list we were excited to try something not pizza or Chinese for delivery. We surfed the website and found some variety of foods to try. We called and asked for delivery. The male I spoke to said he was too busy and would not deliver. He asked me to call back when they were less busy in about an hour. We might have considered waiting if we were given a delivery time estimate but we were not given the choice. Needless to say we didn't wait or call back. We didn't get to try those dishes we picked and never will now. We were very disappointed as this was our first trip to KC and first time with Indian food.

• Visited February 2014