“Indian Cuisine”
Review of Korma Sutra

Korma Sutra
Ranked #10 of 486 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a wonderful way to experience true Indian Food. Wonderful authentic dishes of special prepared vegetables and meats like Goat and Chicken. Always get the Mango Lassi...it is delicious.

1  Thank Elizabeth J

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Came for dinner one evening because of the good Tripadvisor reviews and was not steered wrong. I have Indian food at restaurants across the country, and the cuisine here was one of the best in terms of flavor and texture. The atmosphere is decidedly strip-mall, but the personable service makes up for it. Highly recommended.

1  Thank drichrx
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food was decent, but the what brought us back to this restaurant was the service and the host. You have to meet him to believe how friendly and charming he is.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I went to the lunch buffet after I read some good reviews. This is a very small place which servers 40 people.

The buffet is fairly small also with about 8 dishes plus desert.

I actually had to wait in line for about 15 min before I could get in.

First I tired the Buttered Chicken. Very tasty and a solid B to B+ for me. Chicken was a tad dry but not too bad over all...espeically for a buffet.

Then I tired this little potato fritter...OMG OMG. This was pefection. One of the best things I have ever tasted. The curry and spices on the fritter were ...just perfection. I don't eat allot of fried foods any more but this was just exceptional. This is something I will crave every time I think of Indian food for the rest of my life.

Next I had a few other things...all were good...nothing went below a B rating. Then I tired the Chilli Chicken..again..pefection. The spices were just...perfect. Not too hot but hot enough...the curry and chilli added to the flavor and didnt just make them spicy. It was truely amazing.

Besides that the Naan and the Mango Lassie were very good and a solid B+ - A-...I am a hard judge if something is merely good but not orginal or out of hte ordinary...then it gets a B.

Then I had the Chi. OMG OMG... SO SO SO good. I dont like tea or coffee much but this..this was just perfect. The right mix of spices ...the right temp...the right everything.

Now I didn't mention the service...but the service was some of the best I have ever had...anywhere. The server (I think owner) had everyone smiling. I wanted for nothing.

This was the IT place I was searching for. It will always have a place in my Must Go book. This really is some place special...but please dont go! I don't want to have to wait in line for even longer...espeically now I know what the food tastes like.

1  Thank Alan F
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Korma Sutra has a beautiful atmosphere, moderate prices, and delicious buffet! We went for lunch and everything was good.