TownePlace Suites Kansas City Overland Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tulsa
“Good Stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed here for several nights May 12-15, 2014. Previous guest, & was another pleasant experience. The hotel is currently having renovations, but that did NOT affect my stay. Quiet rooms. Nice to have the fridge & kitchen. Will definitely stay here again.

It would be nice if the hotel had a few "feather free" rooms. Those with feather allergies would appreciate it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business trip. My stay was great!

Rooms:
The rooms are great. They are just like small apartments with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, cooking utensils, dishes, oven mits and soap for washing dishes. The main area has a huge desk for you to do some work. The bed was very big and comfy - plenty of pillows! Flat screen TV with tons of channels and interactive TV guide. Bathroom was nice with huge closet for storing things. Lots of storage space overall. Paul Mitchell products provided. Water pressure excellent with adjustable shower head so you can set it to what you like. My only complaint is I would have liked more overhead lighting in the room - it was a bit dark with just side lights.

Free wifi very easy to use and great speed. Self-serve laundry on the first flow. Pool and gym. The hotel is pet friendly (only certain rooms allow pets) and they have treats at the front desk for your dog. Complimentary coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day (I can confirm I went down for coffee at 4 a.m. and it was fresh and hot).

Lobby:
The lobby has a computer with internet where you can check in for flights, print boarding passes, etc. They have free newspapers and pamphlets of things in the area. There is a board with local restaurant recommendations both walking and driving distance away. The lobby also has a small convenience store type area with a nice assortment of snacks, microwavable meals and beverages. The lobby also had complimentary cookies out one night and they were delicious! Check out was a breeze. Staff was very nice!

Free Breakfast:
The breakfast includes coffee (regular and decaf) with different creamers (hazelnut, french vanilla and regular). Individually wrapped muffins by Sara Lee, breakfast cereal bars, fruits, waffle station, cereal bar with kinds such as raisin bran, fruit loops and cheerios. Overall nice selection.

Location:
Great location. Convenient to the office, walking and driving distance from restaurants and shops. Safe area. About 45 minutes from the airport.

Overall great stay - look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank alg7334
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 30, 2013

A group of us stayed here for the weekend to attend a wedding. The reception was at the other end of the parking lot--can't get any closer than that! The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was great---waffles, sandwiches, yogurt, cereals, pancakes, fruit etc....something for everyone.
I would recommend this location. It is also very close to a strip mall with restaurants if you choose not to eat in, plus they had a list of places that would deliver to the hotel as well.
Friendly staff and pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Krystal L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
baseball1966,
We truly appreciate the great review! It is wonderfully convenient to be located across the parking lot from the Deer Creek Golf Course! I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast! We welcome you to come back and visit us any time!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2013

When my daughter and I arrived after driving 9 hours that day, we immediately noticed a smell in the lobby as I checked in. They had floor fans on and it smelled like dog and/or cat urine. We noticed dogs in the parking lot and noticed a sign at the front desk that dogs and cats are allowed here. I have 2 dogs and consider myself an animal lover. However, I don't like smelling pet urine as I check into a Marriott Hotel. I didn't say anything to them directly because I knew they heard us as we talked about the smell.

We got to our room and were welcomed by the smell of "wet dogs". We wanted to switch rooms but we were just too tired to deal with it. The A/C was loud that night but once again, we were so tired that we didn't care.

The breakfast was okay, nothing spectacular. The front office staff were nice but not overly warm and friendly, just "okay".

So why am I not rating this lower? Because the parking lot was clean, the outside of the building was well maintained, and the room and bathroom was clean. Wi-Fi worked great, and we felt very safe in this location. There are tons of restaurants and shopping nearby. I'm sure if I had complained about the room smell, we would've been moved to a different room. There was a sink and microwave and mini fridge in the room, which would've been used if we'd stayed longer. Also, once the fans were not going in the lobby, that awful smell seemed to be gone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Krystal L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
luvlifeandtravel,
I truly appreciate your review. I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. It sounds like you caught us on a cleaning day! In order to keep our hotel up to the high standards that our guests expect, we do attempt to shampoo our lobby floor and do a deep cleaning a couple of times a month. I do hope that you come back to see us and let us show you a freshly cleaned, pleasant smelling hotel with a cheerful staff!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I wound up in a "studio suite" that was smaller than most hotel rooms. That said, it was certainly adequate - not cramped in any way, just not as roomy as I expected. Spending three nights here was slightly claustrophobic. The best part is the full kitchen, which means I didn't have to go out to each every night. It's clean, pleasant, functional, with helpful staff, which seems like a pretty good list of positive attributes. Next time I'm here, I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guildenstern,
Thank you for your honest review. I am sorry that our rooms did not live up to your size expectation. We do have larger rooms available. Part of the reason why they get the suite descriptive is that every room in our hotel comes equipped with the full kitchen as well as the desk. Please come back and see us!
Sharon MA, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were part of an overflow wedding party - three rooms here for guests who could not be accommodated at the main hotel designated for the wedding. We all got here a couple of days before the wedding and wanted to eat dinner together. We have special food requirements and had bought food at whole foods and hen house so we could eat in the hotel. Rather than jamming 5 people into one guest room, we asked Berenice if we could eat in the breakfast area off the lobby. She suggested we use the small conference room that was also off the lobby. This was so much better - more private, without the background of the TV and foot traffic in the lobby area.

Throughout our stay Berenice did sveral other things to make it more pleasant. She really deserves recognition for her commitment for customer service.

Regarding the rooms, beds, etc, I think Tim1962 summed it up very well in his review.

• Stayed October 2013
Shakespeare_fan, I appreciate your honest and wonderful review! I have shared this review with Bereniese and our GM. I have also praised Bereniese for a great job of taking care of our guests!
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The room was very clean, relatively new, and had plenty of power outlets, large desk, nice layout. Excellent wifi speeds, decent breakfast, good location close to restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again on a future business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Muneeb M
Krystal L, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
datripmaster,
Thank you for the nice review! We are very pleased to hear that you would return to see us when you are in the area again! What would you like to see different on the breakfast to make it "wow" you on a return trip?