“clean and convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas
“clean and convenient”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Room was very well appointed. A lot of storage, kitchen, big screen TV, etc. Only thing missing that I would have liked was an in-room safe. They do have a front desk safe option, but I wasn't interested in that. Breakfast was OK. Pre-made items. I stayed with the cereal.

Appreciated the free WiFi. Front desk staff was friendly. Close to stores and restaurants. Easy and free parking.

I would stay here again next time we come to Overland Park. Very good value.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor. Expected it to be noisy but it was completely quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Riverdale, Utah
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel 12/6,7,8/12 while on a business trip. This is what I would call a smaller hotel situated back in a quiet area but very close to the major shopping areas. It is a 2 story only and we were able to park by a side door that was very close to our room. The grounds are kept nice and the hotel very clean. Single queen room was nice and clean with a small kitchen area which we liked very much. Kitchen had apt size fridge (not one of those little coolers). Coffee maker was available with adequate supply of coffee essentials, although we did grab some liquid creamer cups in the lobby area. You can also get coffee downstairs as well as a light continental breakfast. The lobby has small selection of sodas and a couple types of beers to puchase. Room had a nice big HD flatscreen with plenty of channels. Room also had a computer desk with electrical connections. Hotel has free wifi and was easy to access. Also provided was hair dryer, ironing board and iron. Batheroom had full size tub/shower that was clean and modern. Air conditioner/heater worked great with wall thermostat. Only slight criticizm would be bed was a bit uncomfortable to us but that is probably the hardest thing to make everyone happy.

As I said this hotel is right next to major shopping centers and a liquor store. For first time visitors to Kansas, they have different liquor laws about where to buy and different beer percentages so ask for advise.

Staff was nice and attentive. Their is a pool but it is winter so of course didnt use. Overall a nice hotel and we will definately stay there again if or when we go back to that area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Staff was very friendly, room clean and comfortable. We have never stayed in a TownePlace Suite before and we were not unhappy but though the kitchenette is nice a double queen is pretty tight when staying for a few days with kids. Many conveniences nearby but probably would stay a little further north at the Hyatt Place off College Blvd- much more spacious but lacks cooking amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lake Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 20 nights...a first for both my husband and I. I don't think I will ever stay anywhere else, if possible. This room had to be designed by a frequent traveler. It has a full kitchen, including oven, dishwasher, garbage disposal and full apartment-style refrigerator. The desk has a 'keyboard' shelf, which turned out to be a full table on casters. The ottoman (on casters) could be used as a seat for working on the computer or for resting your feet. It also included a wooden shelf with handles that fit over the top that can be used on the bed as a desk or a table. It has enough storage to please even the pickiest person, and someone like me who shops a lot. It is incredibly well positioned to everything you want to do...shopping (grocery and everything else!), restaurants, the highway...and even a Goodwill Store where we bought the extra suitcase to hold all the shopping! The staff is friendly and very helpful. There is coffee to drink all night long. My husband gets up at 5 am. I explained to him that his best bet would be to go to the eating area at that time, and I would call him when I got up. He was able to go up there, have coffee, work on his computer until it got very crowded or I called for him to 'come home.' He would bring back cups of coffee and two newspapers: The Kansas City Star and USA Today. They serve very basic food, fruits, cereals, etc., but we had a kitchen, so we could anything we wanted for breakfast every morning. At night they bake fresh cookies and occasionally bring in food from one of the area restaurants. The other night they had Smokehouse BBQ. They have laundry facilities, which is very convenient when you're staying somewhere for 20 days. It costs money, very pretty inexpensive. They have a fitness room with a TV that is more than adequate to keep to your daily schedule. There are two closets in the room...one at the front, like a coat closet, and one in the bathroom for hanging clothes and shelves to place shoes, hair dryers, make-up bag, etc.. Lots of storage in the nightstands and in the bathroom counter. They have a 24-hour market in the front if you need something right away. They also have a free wi-fi computer in the front lobby, and a wall-sized sign telling you what is close to the hotel in the way of restaurants and shopping, as well as what restaurants deliver. One of the nice touches in the room...there's a mirror with a small shelf and hanging hooks inside the front door. What a convenient place to hang light jackets, place our car and room keys or to place small things you need to remember to take with you when you leave the room, as well as check your make-up one last time before leaving the room. You have great parking and it's a beautiful area near a Golfing Club. The Queen-sized bed is adequate, though I probably would have preferred a king-sized since that's what we're used to at home. But it's definitely not a deal breaker. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this place. My brother looked at it and said he could live here...it was the perfect size for him and had everything he needed. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: We asked for the first floor, which made me feel as if I were in a dormitory in a good way. I think...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln Nebraska
Reviewed October 5, 2012

At the top of the list of good things about this hotel is the comfort of the beds and pillows. To me that is of utmost importance. The room temperature control was very good, and I felt the room was very quiet. We didn't really need to use it, but the kitchenette was very nice, clean and could be very useful. The breakfast was fine (I certainly don't expect a buffett now-a-days). There were numerous selections from waffles to pastries to sausage and egg sandwiches along with the usual breads, bagels, cereals and fruit. It serves its purpose and the staff did an excellent job keeping things clean and tidy. There is an outdoor pool/hot tub, but it was a bit too chilly to use. All-in-all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for families and business travelers.

Room Tip: Our room faced 135th which is a few blocks away and is a busy streets but we really didn't notic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The location of this hotel is ideal. It was near MANY restaurants and lots of shopping. The staff seemed friendly enough and the rooms were clean and adequate. What I didn't like was hearing road noise, which happens if you get a room that backed up to 133rd. Our friends had rooms that faced the golf course and they heard nothing. The other issue that kept me from giving it a 5, was the breakfast. It just had little to offer as far as protein goes. A boiled egg was available but I stay away from those as I know they usually are not fresh. Overall though, a good hotel. I would stay there again and maybe cook my own breakfast....

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side facing golf course and parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Dishwasher was broke when we came in with dirty dishes in it. We stopped here so we could get our dishes and clothes clean before traveling further. Had to request assistance with dishwasher after being told that they would fix it after we left. Took maintains an hour to fix and they let us check out an hour later because of it. Room had issues I wouldn't have expected for the price. They didn't give extra towels or foam pillows like requested in reservation, but I can get past that. Included pictures of missing piece of border in bathroom with exposed nails and the bathroom door wouldn't shut because it wasn't aligned properly. I'm starting to think a properly working bathroom door is a special feature!

• Stayed August 2012