“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We Staye at the Towne Place Suites by Marriott while visiting Liberty and Independence MO. The Hotel sits on the corner of the block adjacent to a Country Club. The neighborhood is exquiste and the Hotel itself is very nice for a middle of the road accomodations. The rooms are new and clean most with a full kitchen. As with most Marriott properties the continential breakfast was not fancy but free and filling. The outdoor pool is rather small but just right for small children. The exercise room a nice equipment with a variety of dumbells. The hotel is within a mile or so of places to eat and shop. If we are ever back in the area we will be staying again. Nice hotel nice area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank iskitall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elwood, Nebraska
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've traveled enough it's hard to be impressed anymore, but I was. Here is a great place, clean, quiet, and was a great deal when many of the other places around weren't. I enjoyed the fact as a suites hotel you get a bigger fridge, more places should do this no matter if they're suites or not. It was quiet, that's always a big plus. The bed was extremely comfortable, my only complaint is a standard one, the pillows were terrible. The final plus was the fact they had ham, egg, and cheese biscuits as part of the complimentary breakfast, something I had not come across before and a nice little extra as we left.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Letsroadtrip
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It's in a perfect location - nestled next to a golf course, quiet, but close to lots of shopping and restaurants. When we checked in, the type of room we reserved was not available, so we were upgraded to a two bedroom suite at no additional charge. The only complaint was the sofa in the living room was completely broken down and so uncomfortable we couldn't sit on it. But otherwise it was a great stay! Will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Bountiful, UT
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Thanks to this hotel, our first time traveling with our 1 yo and 4 yo was a wonderful experience! We stayed 5 nights.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I'm usually a bit leary of sleeping in hotel beds, but this one was like home. The provided a pack'n'play for our baby. The breakfast has a good variety - Waffles, toast, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, milk, juice, cereal, fruit, muffins, pastries. They also had a highchair in the dining area, which came in extremely helpful for us! Our room had a kitchen area complete with fridge, freezer, dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, and dishes. There was also a grocery store across the street we walked to for food to make in our room. The pool was clean, as was the hottub (if not a bit old). The staff was also very kind to mail a left-behind baby blanket to us as well.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others, especially if traveling with small children.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sledwaffle
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We stayed at this hotel as part of a wedding gathering. The hotel was exceptionally clean and room amenities were good. Housekeeping got everything right. Front desk staff were welcoming and helpful even though the hotel was full of guests and activity. Hotel location was great - right next to a public golf course and numerous shopping centers. Definitely a good place to relax and be well taken care of.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Flew into Kansas City airport and rented car to get down to Overland Park. Took about 45 minutes and found the hotel easily enough.

Check-in was easy on a Thursday, no lines and my reservation was correct. The lobby was bright, had a computer to check email/print boarding passes, etc, a small area with food/snacks to buy and the breakfast area. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

My room was on the 2nd floor at the end. A one bedroom apartment with full kitchen. 2 flat panel televisions and free wifi. Nice desk to do work on. The bed was very comfortable and the a/c worked great. Room looked quite clean and fairly new. Everything was in working order. I wished they had electronic safes in the room (if they did, I didnt see it). Since I was at the end and in my bedroom, I couldnt hear any hallway noise but could hear either upstairs or next door in the morning.

Didn't have time to check the pool but did use the small gym. 2 treadmills, 1 stair climber and weights and a weight machine. TV, towels and water in the room so it was fine for a nice work out.

Breakfast the next day was continental with hard boiled eggs, bread, bagels, cereal, bananas, apples and waffles. Everything was fine, clean and not crowded at 830am.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would consider staying there the next time I visited my client.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed July 22, 2009

After being on the road for a month straight, I was so pleasantly surprised to stumble onto this hotel.

I have stayed in a wide-range of hotels: From exclusive JW Marriotts to bargain-bin Fairfield Inns. This location had everything I was looking for. It's location off near 135th and Metcalf was close to my client -- a two minute commute in the morning; Location - check.

The check-in process was amazing. I was welcomed as an elite member and thanked for my loyalty (something most Full Service Marriotts and lower-end chains forget to do). Hospitality - check.

The room I was assinged was on the third floor, facing the adjacent golf course. Very nice and quiet -- much better than the hustle and bustle of a lot of the Overland Park hotels off of 435. The room is well-appointed with a very modern (dare I say chic) decor, work station, hide-a-bed couch, flat screen tv, and very nice bathroom. I was impressed. This hotel is next to new, and the cabinets/furnishings/color scheme reminded me of my condominium in MN -- very nice at-home feeling, while stil maintaining a bit of an urban loft feel.

Amenities are second to none: I did not use the pool. The exercise room was well equipped, with treadmills, ellipitcal, and a bike. Free weights up to 50lbs and a universal machine (with many different settings -- I was able to get a full routine in). The laundry facilities on the first floor were very clean and new -- the only hotel I've ever felt that the machines would clean my clothes, instead of just making them dirtier. Amenities-- check!

Weekend rate booked at $89.00 per night cannot be beat. Looks like it normally goes for 109.00 during week days. I'm quite the jaded traveler; I and I enjoyed my stay here so I much I would pay much more than that. Next time I'm in KC for clients in Overland Park, I'm staying here. Affordable -- check!

Only drawback: TownePlace Suites chain only rewards 50% of rewards points. Oh well, I'd rather feel comfy and at home at TPS than the noisy Fairfield Inn off of Blue Valley Pwky.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business