“Hibachi”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nikko Japanese Steakhouse - CLOSED

Nikko Japanese Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marty
Description: A culinary experience, featuring teppanyaki specialties, prepared tableside with finesse.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Hibachi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I came here with a Groupon and ended up meeting friends here as well. We got lucky in that we ended up at the same station. I had a 7 pm reservation which they couldn't find for some reason, even though I called the night before. I luckily didn't have to turn around and leave since they had space.

We were seated pretty quickly after we got there and had drink orders taken and served. Soup and salad were brought out quickly. It seemed like our order was spaced out a bit from when we ordered drinks to when we ordered food. We sat with some OK people, 2 were socially awkward, with one being straight up rude to the staff. The chefs came and were a blast to watch on top of being hysterical (be prepared for flying rice and shrimp into people's mouthes.

Food was good, a little on the salty side for me and a little much on the soy sauce/spice side. I had enough for left overs for the next day. Be prepared to spend at least an hour from start to finish here, as that's how Japanese Steakhouses roll. I was able to use my Groupon, which is why I came. It is on the pricier side of food I've had since I've been out here. Keep in mind that gratuity is already included in your bill

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Christine G

Olathe, Kansas
“Always a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have eaten at Nikko's a number of times over the years and have never been disappointed. Chefs there are fun and entertaining and really put on a terrific show. We were away for a few years when we moved and just went back last week. It looks like some of the same guys are still the same entertaining professional chefs! Spend the extra few dollars on the fried rice - amazing flavor. And don't be afraid when they want you to catch the rice in your mouth as they have really good aim! Great experience!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Thundrdawg
Kansas City, Missouri
“Slow Slow slow”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived early for an 8:30 reservation. Seated late due to cleaning of our group table. After seating the orders were taken right away. Soup and salad came very quickly along with the drinks. Last thing that was prompt. Water glasses were kept full. Very noisy restraunt. Decor was just average.

After being seated we noticed various bits of food still on the eating surface. The steel cook surface was extremely discolored due to the high heat being used. It also was not very clean looking. We then waited for about 45 minutes for a cook to come to our table. No excuses or appolgies were made. The cook who eventually came was the same one that was working the table in the next cubicle. He then went to another table area where he prepared food and then eventually came to our table. He tried to be funny but was not. He then used very high heat to cook to speed things up (I guess) and as a result the fried rice I had ordered tasted of burned rice and eggs. All the rest was OK.

This place has table grouped in sets of two with a small space between tables for two cooks to work at once. This leaves very little room for either and also leads to a very noisey atmosphere. Our adjacent table didn't get their cook for another 20 minutes after us even though they were seated at the same time. This EXTREMELY SLOW service is unacceptable.

After our cook finished, he tried to clean up his cook top by pouring lots of water on it. He then wiped it with a dirty cloth vs a new clean one as i have seen other Japanese Steak houses. In wiping around the cook surface in a big hurry he sloshed dark dirty water off the cook top and onto my plate and the plate of my wife. This UNACCEPABLE. No appology was offered

Slow servace. Dirty table. The food was just OK. I have eaten at Japanese steak houses many many times before and this was BY FAR THE WORST EVER.

Find someplace else.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank paaflyer
Hull, east Yorkshire, uk
“Fantastic Kobe beef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is great! The cooking displays from the chefs on the 2 occasions I have been there have been excellent. Both times I was in fairly large groups of 8+ people and each time the chef managed to perfectly time every component to serve everyone simlutaneously. The Kobe beef is the best steak I have ever eaten, however I can't really vouch for the price as I didn't pay on either occasion

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Glasstable2011
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“too salty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

my feet and hands blew up. Drank water all night. too salty. yuk. very oily also. will not be back or reccomend it.

Visited March 2012