“Always a great time”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marty
Description: A culinary experience, featuring teppanyaki specialties, prepared tableside with finesse.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have eaten at Nikko's a number of times over the years and have never been disappointed. Chefs there are fun and entertaining and really put on a terrific show. We were away for a few years when we moved and just went back last week. It looks like some of the same guys are still the same entertaining professional chefs! Spend the extra few dollars on the fried rice - amazing flavor. And don't be afraid when they want you to catch the rice in your mouth as they have really good aim! Great experience!

1  Thank Thundrdawg

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived early for an 8:30 reservation. Seated late due to cleaning of our group table. After seating the orders were taken right away. Soup and salad came very quickly along with the drinks. Last thing that was prompt. Water glasses were kept full. Very noisy restraunt. Decor was just average.

After being seated we noticed various bits of food still on the eating surface. The steel cook surface was extremely discolored due to the high heat being used. It also was not very clean looking. We then waited for about 45 minutes for a cook to come to our table. No excuses or appolgies were made. The cook who eventually came was the same one that was working the table in the next cubicle. He then went to another table area where he prepared food and then eventually came to our table. He tried to be funny but was not. He then used very high heat to cook to speed things up (I guess) and as a result the fried rice I had ordered tasted of burned rice and eggs. All the rest was OK.

This place has table grouped in sets of two with a small space between tables for two cooks to work at once. This leaves very little room for either and also leads to a very noisey atmosphere. Our adjacent table didn't get their cook for another 20 minutes after us even though they were seated at the same time. This EXTREMELY SLOW service is unacceptable.

After our cook finished, he tried to clean up his cook top by pouring lots of water on it. He then wiped it with a dirty cloth vs a new clean one as i have seen other Japanese Steak houses. In wiping around the cook surface in a big hurry he sloshed dark dirty water off the cook top and onto my plate and the plate of my wife. This UNACCEPABLE. No appology was offered

Slow servace. Dirty table. The food was just OK. I have eaten at Japanese steak houses many many times before and this was BY FAR THE WORST EVER.

Find someplace else.

1  Thank paaflyer
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is great! The cooking displays from the chefs on the 2 occasions I have been there have been excellent. Both times I was in fairly large groups of 8+ people and each time the chef managed to perfectly time every component to serve everyone simlutaneously. The Kobe beef is the best steak I have ever eaten, however I can't really vouch for the price as I didn't pay on either occasion

2  Thank Glasstable2011
Reviewed August 16, 2012

my feet and hands blew up. Drank water all night. too salty. yuk. very oily also. will not be back or reccomend it.

2  Thank rskny1
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Very pricy and poor food, much better places in town. If it was filet I would be shocked, tasted like rump to me. Don't go, way better elsewhere for cheaper. Sorry place and our nice chef, just don't cut it for that price.