“average mexican food as expected in the midwest”
Review of Jose Pepper's

Jose Pepper's
Ranked #23 of 486 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed May 22, 2013

being from CA it is hard to find that same Mexican food we are used to - why is it all these Midwest mexcian restaurants feel the need to put BACON in their beans? (ugh!) and they BAKE their rice with spices not necessary which ruins the flavor - I always get my meal with NO beans nor rice for those very reasons, just a side salad - I usually get 2 crispy shredded beef tacos or the avocado-chicken thing - my husband gets a big burrito which I have tasted and don't like

1  Thank darlena s
There are newer reviews for Jose Pepper's

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food here is not only reasonable in price, but amazingly good! The service could not be better. The servers are not only knowledgable of what is in the food, but what it tastes like. From that you can make a selection to your taste. The menu is huge!!! In warm weather you can sit outside in the bistro section. Get there early if you don't want to wait for a table. Or relax sit in the bar and have some of the delicious concoctions that are blended to order and to taste.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurant was super busy, which told us it must be good - the front desk crew kept track of folks arriving and leaving and had a good system in place to get people seated quickly.

Our waiter was polite and prompt and our food was very tasty. We never felt rushed to leave our table and overall, had a great experience at this restaurant franchise. Well done!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I always eat more than my fare share of chips and salsa even before the entree comes out. Add the espinca and I'm toast. The entrees are always great and the staff are usually on top of things. There a multiple locations around town, this is the one I visit the most. On a nice day the outdoor patio is always a nice option. And their margaritas are great too and always on special.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Fun place to go with a group, and we often do, as one is near church.
The specials are usually a good deal and tasty.