“Great Chain BBQ”

Add it.
Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've eaten at a lot of Famous Dave's restaurants in numerous cities, and they are all great experiences. The meat quality is great, and the baked beans are wonderful.
They provide about 5-6 different sauces, and try them all to choose your favorite.
This is great food for a chain restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Famous Dave's

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the service and atmosphere at the place. They went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. BBQ ribs really good. Almost as good as a South African braai.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

ATMOSPHERE: The atmosphere was nice. A typical bbq joint with sort of a Texas Roadhouse style decor. Very clean. Nothing standing out to me to make me say "great for families'.

FOOD: The food is absolutely fabulous! Barbeque at it's best! They have 5 or 6 sauces too that are in order from mildest to spiciest and it is brought with a very small bowl of chips to allow you to select the sauce that's right for you. (althought the bowl really wasn't big enough for a family of four to test each sauce) I cannot say enough about their corn muffins!! They are the best I have ever had! DH and I even ordered a half dozen to take home for breakfast! MUST TRY!

PRICE: It's on the expensive side of barbeque restaurants. More of a Jack Stack price to my mind. For this reason I wouldn't choose it over Zarda or Wyandotte BBQ and quite hoenstly, I'd probably choose Jack Stack first as well if I'm going to pay that much anyway. Still, it was very tasty.

STAFF: The staff was the only thing lacking here. Although friendly they didn't seem to enthusiastic about having children there. I say this because when my 9 year old was asking a question about his meal before placing his ordered the server seemed annoyed that he had to address it as he would if it were asked by an adult. The way a server reacts to my children is very important to me and as a former server I have found most mothers are this way.

SUGGESTION: The only suggestion I could make to this restaurant would be that they bring out a bottomless item for the customer to enjoy as most others do. Some have Rolls with butter, some have sliced bread, some it's simply peanuts. For this restaurant it could be as simple as their chips served with the sauce. For the prices they are charging it would almost make it worth it.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited this new location right in the heart of BBQ Country. Was not sure what to expect given the great BBQ available all over Kansas City. Ordered the Ribs and have to say they held their own. Soft, juicy, and flavorful. I can't comment on the other meats but the beans were very good. I'd come back again. Apparently they have Burnt Ends at certain times which I would have definitely tried had I known while I was there.