“An Unexpected Surprise”
Review of J. Alexander's

J. Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 480 Restaurants in Overland Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
“An Unexpected Surprise”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had been traveling all day and were exhausted. All we wanted was a satisfactory meal and then to retreat to our hotel. We chose this place for one reason only--it was close to our hotel. And were we ever surprised! Great service and wonderful food! My wife and I shared a Caesar salad, and I was glad there were two of us working on it. The lettuce was crisp; the garlic subtle. We both had the French brasserie steak and pommes frites. These fries were as close to the French originals as any I have ever had on this side of the Atlantic. The steak--grilled over a wood fire--was outstanding. My wife opted for banana cream pie--delicious (and huge). What a surprise--and what a delight!

• Visited August 2013

Nebraska
“Just Order A Bunch of Mac N Cheese”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had ate at J. Alexander's once before a few years ago and LOVED the Mac N Cheese. So we decided to go back while we were in Overland Park. My husband had a steak special and that was gone pretty quickly so I'm guessing it was good. I had the filet kabobs which were really good. They had a somewhat sweet glaze on them. We also ordered a side of Mac N Cheese to share which is amazing. Service was great and only waited 15-20 minutes for a table.

Visited August 2013
Kansas City, KS
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fabulous atmosphere. Love the food. We bring out of town guests here frequently. Best place in Overland Park, KS!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank bananasue37
Roanoke, Texas
“Affordable but felt upscale”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great food - nice sized portions, close proximity to mall & shopping. Great for dates or with family

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Daniel M
Decatur, Illinois
“Ask for the artichokes!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I adore this restaurant! It is upper end in terms of price but the service and the food are unmatched.

Ask for the fire roasted artichoke starter. It is not on the menu daily, but it is worth a special request!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Beth A

Been to J. Alexander's? Share your experiences!