“Clean, comfortable, convenient”

Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Petersburg, Illinois
“Clean, comfortable, convenient”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend visiting family. Hotel is located very close to restaurants, shopping malls, groceries, etc. spent most of our time with family but found the hotel to be comfortable..bathroom is great, clean and modern. Bed was comfortable. We did not experience noise problems...would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Margaret R
ChuckSmith7580, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for your 5-Star review! Our unique modern bathrooms are a hit with our guests! We are happy to hear you will be returning in the future! Thank you for choosing our location!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ankeny, IA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed here for 4 nights and enjoyed most aspects of our stay. The one issue we had was taken care of in short order by the staff, even after we had left the property. I had booked this 6 months in advance and had one rate for Wed/Thurs and then a lower rate for Fri/Sat. When we got the bill Sunday prior to checkout we were charged the higher rate for all 4 nights. I brought this to their attention, but they couldn't find a record of the lower rate so I told them I would look when I got home because I had saved the confirmation email. I got home and indeed the rate was $20 less for the last two nights. I forwarded my confirmation email and without discussion, they issued me the proper credit. So I'm a little concerned about how the computer handles a rate change in the middle of a stay, but was very impressed that they took swift action to correct the mistake.

Breakfast was good, but would've liked to see some variety as we were there for 4 days. Maybe alternate bacon and sausage as I've seen at other HIE's, but overall there are plenty of different options. The breakfast room seemed small on Sat/Sun because they were full so we just had to bring breakfast back to our room.

We took our daughters to the indoor pool one of the days and their teeth chattered the entire time. It was quite chilly in the water. Luckily they had a hot tub to warm up in, but we only spent 15-20 minutes in the pool. Definitely need to heat it better.

The bathroom was interesting in that it had just a shower and no bathtub. We liked that feature now that our kids our old enough to shower, but I could see it being a problem if you need to give the little ones a bath.

The room had a nice, big flatscreen TV with HD channels through DirecTV. I was a little disappointed that they did not offer Fox Sports Midwest (or KC) so we could not watch the Royals games in our room.

We had a nice sized fridge in our room. It didn't work at first, but within 5 minutes they came and replaced the unit with one that worked.

The area was nice with a Chick-Fil-A within walking distance and many other shops just a short drive away.

All in all this was a good experience and the customer service was outstanding. Would stay here again if in the area.

1 Thank dlh85royals
Kansas City
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I recently booked a group of rooms at this hotel for guests in town for a family reunion. The manager was very helpful with the initial group booking. As the weeks went on prior to the reunion, I had to make changes to the reservations. All the staff was very helpful with these changes. I left goody bags for each guest, all were delivered with no problem. My guests all agreed that each of their rooms was very nice, the breakfast was good, parking was no problem. I had been concerned that there would be highway noise, and specifically asked my guests if there was a problem. There was not. All in all, a very good experience.
I have hosted family reunions and a wedding before and have used different hotels in the area for group bookings. I decided to use this Holiday Inn this time because it was new, had good reviews on TripAdvisor, and offered a good group rate. I'm glad I did. I will definitely consider this Holiday Inn next time.

1 Thank Kansas-Jayhawk
ChuckSmith7580, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for posting your 5-Star Experience on TripAdvisor! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we would appreciate the opportunity to serve you again. Our new hotel is in a great location for group gatherings! We hope you enjoyed our new Conference Room amenities as well! Thank you for staying with us!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visiting our son and wife and new grandbaby, booked this hotel for a 3-night stay. Noticed as we entered a door for a connecting room. A family was booked next door, and we heard every word they said, even though they weren't really being overly loud or rambunctious. We could also hear the television in the room on the opposite wall, and there was something making a consistent loud drip into a vent in the roof of the bathroom. Wish we loved this hotel, because it was beautifully decorated in a nice part of town with a good breakfast, but we won't be back.

3 Thank judyjbest
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear judyjbest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here recently for a nearby wedding, and liked it very much. It seems to be a newer property and is very clean and well maintained. The free breakfast was quite good. My only two complaints: there was a persistent smell of urine in our bathroom that was rather unpleasant, and there is only one elevator for the entire hotel (not even a service elevator was available for the cleaning staff). Waits for the elevator from the top (4th) floor are very long.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JFBWDogs
Waterloo, Ont., Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We found nothing to complain about. The happy surprise was how new the hotel is, and how freshly furnished and decorated. My wife picked up decorating tips, took pictures with her iPad so she wouldn't forget. We've stayed in about a dozen Holiday Inns over the past six months, This one would be our pick of the lot. I complimented the desk clerk on the property, told her it must be fun to work in so new and nicely appointed a hotel. She agreed, seemed to take genuine pride in the place, but said some guests always find something to complain about.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smallisbeautiful
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for three night at this Holiday Inn Express. What a wonderful place! Very clean-everywhere. Our room was nicely oversized, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. We arrived late last Sunday and were greeted/checked-in by a man named Ammaad. He was personable and professional. And the following nights, as we came in late, he greeted us, inquired on our day and wished us a nice evening. The included breakfast was great. If you're coming to Overland Park or Kansas City, stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple