“No wonder it's rated highly”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed May 22, 2013

An excellent place to stay overall. All the staff was friendly, making us feel like we were welcome guests in their home. The room was spacious. And I loved the shower head! It gave a wide, steady flow that made sure you kept getting hit by water no matter how you turned. Only drawback to the whole experience was that their sodas and snacks were of a steep price. That's the reason why my service rating below was less than the rest. Still, everything else about the place was superb.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1MrSmith1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Overland Park! The hotel offers unique walk-in showers and our guests love them! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I rate them poor because they gave my room away. I paid for a King Suite, but they gave me a two queen regular room.

I notice the person before me was given the wrong room too.

A friend of mine who stayed there was given the wrong room too.

I believe they sold more King Suite then they had available. The staff even tried to convince me I booked a different room, I had to show him my reservation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Q-traveler918
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Q-traveler918,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the confusion on the room assignments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The rooms were very clean. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety in the free breakfast. The only thing I found odd was the TVs in the rooms are not very big. The room itself was much larger than I expected. Lots of room. The hotel sits back from the roads so you don't hear all the traffic noise. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to critique the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Overland Park. We have used guest feedback to update the items we offer for our Express Start Breakfast. Hopefully you were able to enjoy our signature cinnamon rolls! We hope you return soon! Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed for four nights on business and felt right at home! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. My co-worker had a car but I didn't; no worries, though, because there was a wide variety of places to eat within walking distance. I highly recommend Sugo's, a nice Italian restaurant. Great food, reasonable prices. Lots of shopping nearby as well. The free breakfast has exceptional food and is well maintained by Katrina. These folks are doing things right!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank txbadger
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and truly enjoyed it. I went for my birthday had a true blast. I enjoyed the new atmosphere of the hotel and the hotel staff. It was easily accessible from the highway and I love the fact that it was close to shopping and eateries. I give this spot two thumbs up.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

What a gorgeous upscale feeling hotel at Holiday Inn Express prices! Excellent location. I was able to walk to several restaurants. Also very convenient to my client's offices on College Boulevard. Customer service and attention to detail is impeccable. They offered a choice of the traditional shower/tub or walk-in shower ... I opted for a room with the walk-in shower and it was amazing!! The bedding must be an upgrade from most new hotels. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I wrote down the manufacturer's information from the mattress so I can buy the same for my home. This is easily my #1 choice for lodging in Overland Park.

Room Tip: Cool views from the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank DallasJackson57
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for 3 nights. The hotel is clean and beautifully decorated. The fitness room is very nice. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable and the tiled shower was divine. I appreciated the great channel selection and free hi-speed internet. The continental breakfast varied a little each of the 3 days and was delicious. The staff were cheerful and ready to help.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business