“Overland Park Treasure”
Review of Great Day Cafe - CLOSED

Great Day Cafe
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Description: Open since 2010.
Description: Open since 2010.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

One of downtown Overland Park's coolest attractions which certainly warrants a visit from visitors as well as locals who may or may not have ever been there. Tucked away on the west side of Sante Fe and next to the O.P. clock tower, is this neat little cafe with outdoor patio serving eclectic type fare and offering delightful music both during lunch and on Friday and Saturday evenings as well. It's a friendly, feel good type cafe that consistently serves good food in an owner-present fashion. The patrons offer an atmosphere that you would find at a neighborhood "Cheers" except it's not a bar. It's definitely a "must visit" place!!

1  Thank faize5
There are newer reviews for Great Day Cafe

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were pleased and surprised to find this corner-sized cafe in the hubbub of old downtown O.P. Our lunches tend to be late afternoon, so we rarely make it there before they close at 2. The owner entertains with live light jazz and we prefer to sit outside at a table on the tree-covered brick patio next to the farmers market. Romantic lunch? Business meeting? Friends? All the above (i.e. during the week--late afternoons--we rarely see children there). We enjoy special cocktails and unwind while re-charging with great nutritional food while listening to live entertainment. Very uplifting atmosphere and food has been consistently yummy! So we feel lucky to have discovered this diamond in the rough. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a small scale mom and pop type establishment which serves excellent basic food with a little unusual twist to most of the dishes to make them stand out above your typical fare. I have tried several of their dishes but like their chicken salad the best. Their reuben was very good, but I have had better. I haven't had better chicken salad anywhere. Their sangria has a lot of fruit in it and is also very, very good. I always have the quinoa with the chicken salad and it is very tasty--I'm not normally a quinoa eater. Their quiches are also very good as are the various salads I've tried that my wife has ordered. Service can be slow at times, but only when they are exceptionally busy. They frequently have jazz music playing. This is a place where the menu is not that extensive, but what they do have they do very well. Prices are reasonable considering the quality.

1  Thank John E
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Dropped by for lunch today. This is a small place but with great food and live music. We had to wait an hour for a Reuben and quiche. We will go back during the week-a less busy time.

1  Thank Churchbuilderdick
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This adorable little restaurant is located in Overland Park right across from the Culinary Arts Center of Kansas City. They serve a fresh quiche and soup daily and all of the options are delicious! They also serve sandwiches which are very good as well. There is art from local artists hanging on the walls and live music played during lunch. There are even cute little tip jars on each table for the musicians. They play for tips or sandwiches. :) When you order, you will get an order card to place on your table, which says a word such as "beautiful" or "organized," etc. When the waiter/waitress arrives with your food, they say something like "This is for beautiful," etc. It's fun! There is also a community table where you can sit and meet some locals or visitors while eating your meal and make new friends if you're up for it. I enjoyed my quiche lorraine and ratatouille soup with pita bread and an Americano. Once I was finished, a waiter came and removed my plates; however, I did see a bin for dirty dishes so I think he was going above and beyond. :) They also have coffee options and yummy desserts on display when you walk in. Prices range between $6 - $15 depending on what you order.

Complaints: None. This place was great!

1  Thank Ashley D