“A wonderful meal and service”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #113 of 511 Restaurants in Overland Park
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We are visiting the area for the first time and found Cheddars while driving around looking for a restaurant. We noticed a full parking lot, figured it must be good, so we gave it a try.
Wow, excellent service, excellent food and very reasonable prices. The ambiance was very nice, the only negative was it seemed a little noisey.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The service was right on, the drinks were large and very good, the food was amazingly good..I felt I was at some one's home eating great homemade food. Just the right amount and the perfect price.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying - why would the hostess seat people in the farthest corner of the restaurant when the place is practically empty. Two things most diners don't want - sit near restrooms & back in the furthest corner of the place.
Somewhat slow service, not sure what happened to the food at this location. My steak had a thick vein in the middle & was under cooked. Chicken fried steak had too much breading. Chips cold & hard.
Not sure we'll be back soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although I love Cheddar's in other areas of the country, this one is terrible! We waited 30+minutes for our food and while waiting were unfortunate enough to have a large group of women seated near us who thought laughing uproariously and yelling and talking so loud that the 4 of us seated in a booth could not hear each other. My husband asked them if they could hold it down a little and their response was that it was their girls night out and we should lighten up. We asked our waiter if there was another table that would be quieter that we could move to, but 15 min. later brought our food as he then also said that we could move if we wanted to, as he handed us our plates. We chose to get to-go boxes and leave. We spoke to the manager on our way out and explained the situation to which she replied, "Oh, I'm sorry." End of concern. We will never frequent that Cheddars again, nor will our family members who live here. I don't hold the staff responsible for the womens' behavior, but there should have been a quicker response on changing tables and I expect any manager to be more concerned with customers who are walking out of their restaurant.

1  Thank 10LindaS10
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on a Sunday. The place was lovely but very full! There were just two of us so they seated us immediately. Yippee!!
Our waiter was knowledgeable, efficient and calm. Lots of people there!
Our food was timely, delicious and the right temperature. We were well pleased but even more so when we received our bill!! What value!
We loved it!! You will too!