“Very nice dinner”

Ricco's Italian Bistro
Ranked #27 of 476 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: This is an excellent local Italian restaurant. 1000 times better than any large establishment or chain facility
Olathe, Kansas
“Very nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The pasta special and pizza were excellent. The The atmosphere is a bit crowded. 3 of US spent a little over 60 for a nice dinner

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Friendly service, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped in for a quick lunch during the week. We were quickly seated & made our selections. The salads were good. I found the house Italian dressing to be too vinegary. Our son had the lobster bisque which had a strong fishy flavor unlike other bisques we've tasted. My pasta was cooked perfectly and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pizza was good and had plenty of cheese. The Alfredo was good but the chicken strips on top had an artificial grill taste on them according to our son. Our server kept our drinks filled and checked on us often. The seating arrangement in the dining room seemed crowded to me and not efficient but that's getting really picky. I would go back to Ricco's for lunch if I were in the area. :-)

• Visited July 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“Peppers, peppers, everywhere peppers.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I recently went to this restaurant with my family and we were very disappointed with our lunch. The ambiance and waiter were good but the food was not. It seems like the dishes were all built around the heavy use of red onions and red and green peppers and the result was not great. One member of our group reported that his dish (pasta diavolo) was REALLY spicy but somehow lacked flavor. My crab cakes were inedible (mostly binder plus onions and peppers). I have heard the pizza is good - if you visit, I would suggest going that route when you order.

• Visited February 2012