“Top Quality Service from beginning to end”

Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Butte, Montana
“Top Quality Service from beginning to end”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The staff at Sheraton Overland Park at the Convention Center were amazing. They did everything in their power to make it a comfortable and inviting stay. I was attending a conference held by people with disabilities. The staff went out of their way to assist and make any changes necessay to accommodate everyone's needs. From the front desk, to the restaurant, the valet service, and the transportation desk, everyone was so friendly and kind. One woman had to go to the hospital while we were there, staff helped gather her items for her, transport people to visit her, and even gave her a card. The staff is top notch.

A special shout out to TJ, Jaime, Chris Bird, Carlos, and bodyguard.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted to hear the great comments about our team. Please be assured we are always commited in our endeavor to exceed guest expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This is a very comfortable, attractive new Sheraton. I had business in nearby Lenexa, Kansas for three days and stayed here three nights. Very conveniently located just off I-435 in the SW Kansas suburbs of Kansas City. A high-rise building (~ 20 floors) attached to the Overland Park Convention Center.

Very nice gym, pool and bar/lounge area; large business center with lots of PCs and a large laser printer. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. I slept very well and it was dead quiet, except for a loud rushing water sound when my neighbor got up before me the first morning and showered (funny; the water didn't sound that loud when I was showering.) The desk is wide (lengthwise, not depth) and was ample for working at my laptop while writing in a notebook. Comfortable desk chair. Large flat-screen TV but no HD standard channels, which diminished the viewing pleasure.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Valet or self-park is available in/on a garage attached to the hotel. I was very happy with my stay.

On the value side, neither breakfast nor in-room internet access are included. I ate at Panera a couple blocks away on Metcalf between College Blvd and I-435 each morning, which was pleasant. However, when one adds that $10 or so to the $10/day in-room internet access charge, my corporate rate of $99 + 17% tax quickly increased by nearly 20% (the full math is: $136.35 including all of those items... room, tax, breakfast and internet.) The Hyatt Place nearby has both breakfast and wireless internet embedded in its rate and I suspect is a better value, as would be a Drury Inn or any other chain with new facilities but a lower price point.

Accordingly, although I had a very pleasant stay, I may choose another hotel nearby next time simply for the value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to hear that your experience at our hotel was top notch. I also understand the value comparison with mid-scale hotels. Please be assured we continue to evaluate our services compared to full service/ upscale hotels consistently. We firmly believe we are very competitive in comparison. We value your business and look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We were in town for a wedding and stayed here as it was close to both the wedding and reception locations. Both the hotel in general and the room were very clean. The room (with 2 queen beds) was spacious and there was even room to spread out bedding on the floor for our toddler daughter (she moves around a lot at night and we were afraid she would roll off the bed). The breakfast they served in the restaurant was also good. We particularly enjoyed the indoor pool (our daughter's first time).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad our team was able to provide you with a warm and comforting stay. We look forward having you and your daughter swim with us again :-)
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is the 4th time we have stayed in this Hotel. The staff is so friendly, the room is spacious and clean. The bedding is so luxurious and comfortable you just sink into it and it feels so good after a long day. Check out is a breeze, again they want to make sure your stay was perfect. As always it was. We will return anytime there is an event we are attending close by.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your loyalty. It’s comforting to hear from our loyal guests who continue to enjoy our facility and services. Seeing that you are from this area just thought you should know we are opening a brand new outdoor patio bar connected to the pool in Spring of 2011. We will offer fire places/ fire pits, outdoor entertainment and some of the most beautiful sunsets. See you outside!
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The staff was so amazing, accommodating, and friendly that I had to write a review. We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights and needed a late check out because of the soccer tournament our daughter was in. I had my dog with me and was trying to make arrangements for someone to watch her late that day because we made it to the finals and our last game wasn't until 6pm and dogs aren't allowed at the fields. Not only did we get a very late check out, but the staff allowed my dog to stay in the office. I still can't believe how it felt to have a hotel accommodate our needs to this extent. I left me feeling incredibly grateful and wowed by the staff. This is a very nice place to stay with top notch amenities, clean and comfortable rooms. You will not be disappointed staying here. This is one hotel that is doing everything right! Thank you to all the staff for a great travel experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad our team was able to go above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. We truly believe that connecting to what is important to our customers is very important to our success. We value your business and look forward to having you both back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I loved the restraunt in the lobby..(great food and atmosphere). However, I really wasn't impressed with the room. It smelled musty and was very humid. The AC/dehumdifier didn't work very well. The water in the bathroom was way too hot!! The bed mattress was lumpy and uncomfotrtable...could stand to be replaced. The bedding was very loud...when I moved it sounded like a bag of potato chips ( it made a crunch, crunch, sound). The room was decorated nicely. My advice don't pay extra for the club floor to have access to "happy hour" and "breakfast" the menu was lacking no hot food for either!!! Drinks for happy hour are not free. Go downstairs and eat instead. Overall, the hotel was nothing to brag about.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to first apologize on behalf of our team for not being able to exceed your expectations. I assure you our team is committed to providing a great guest experience. The Heartland went through a very hot summer with high humidity and I am sorry it affected your room. We are 100% compliant with new Sheraton brand initiatives including recent conversion to new Sheraton white bedding ensemble, Core performance fitness center and upcoming OP1906 outdoor patio to include fire places, fire pits, outdoor contemporary setting for Food and Beverage. I am confident we will exceed your expectations the next time around.
Kansas City
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We spent one night in July at this hotel and found it to be excellent in all respects. We had a standard King room on the 16th floor. The room was large, well furnished and spotless. The LG large screen flat screen HD TV was a big plus as we wanted to watch the World Cup. Excellent TV set and reception. The only thing I could fault about the room was the lack of an in room safe, but that was not a deal breaker. The hotel should consider installing a safe in the closet as there was plenty of room for one.

The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever had in any hotel and the quality of the linens was superb. We slept very well.

The food in the bar (we had lunch there after checking in) was quite good and the portions were more than generous. Do not accept the waiter's description of the flat bread pizza as "small if you are hungry" - it was big enough for two. We also felt the food and drinks were fairly priced when one considers this is a convention center hotel. No ripoffs going on here. There is also a Starbucks with coffee and a selection of fast breakfast items in the lobby for morning use, as well as a full service cafe. We used Starbucks and were happy with the selection and the prices were typical of any Starbucks. Nice quick breakfast.

All in all, a wonderful hotel and one that we would stay at again with no hesitation!

Good job Sheraton OP!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you sharing your experience; glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. Our Club level rooms and suites offer in room safe at this time. We will certainly take your feedback in to consideration when we renovate our guest rooms in the coming years. We value your business and look forward to your next visit.