Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Olathe, Kansas
“Always Impressed”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is the 4th time we have stayed in this Hotel. The staff is so friendly, the room is spacious and clean. The bedding is so luxurious and comfortable you just sink into it and it feels so good after a long day. Check out is a breeze, again they want to make sure your stay was perfect. As always it was. We will return anytime there is an event we are attending close by.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Thank you for your loyalty. It’s comforting to hear from our loyal guests who continue to enjoy our facility and services. Seeing that you are from this area just thought you should know we are opening a brand new outdoor patio bar connected to the pool in Spring of 2011. We will offer fire places/ fire pits, outdoor entertainment and some of the most beautiful sunsets. See you outside!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The staff was so amazing, accommodating, and friendly that I had to write a review. We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights and needed a late check out because of the soccer tournament our daughter was in. I had my dog with me and was trying to make arrangements for someone to watch her late that day because we made it to the finals and our last game wasn't until 6pm and dogs aren't allowed at the fields. Not only did we get a very late check out, but the staff allowed my dog to stay in the office. I still can't believe how it felt to have a hotel accommodate our needs to this extent. I left me feeling incredibly grateful and wowed by the staff. This is a very nice place to stay with top notch amenities, clean and comfortable rooms. You will not be disappointed staying here. This is one hotel that is doing everything right! Thank you to all the staff for a great travel experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad our team was able to go above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. We truly believe that connecting to what is important to our customers is very important to our success. We value your business and look forward to having you both back.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I loved the restraunt in the lobby..(great food and atmosphere). However, I really wasn't impressed with the room. It smelled musty and was very humid. The AC/dehumdifier didn't work very well. The water in the bathroom was way too hot!! The bed mattress was lumpy and uncomfotrtable...could stand to be replaced. The bedding was very loud...when I moved it sounded like a bag of potato chips ( it made a crunch, crunch, sound). The room was decorated nicely. My advice don't pay extra for the club floor to have access to "happy hour" and "breakfast" the menu was lacking no hot food for either!!! Drinks for happy hour are not free. Go downstairs and eat instead. Overall, the hotel was nothing to brag about.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to first apologize on behalf of our team for not being able to exceed your expectations. I assure you our team is committed to providing a great guest experience. The Heartland went through a very hot summer with high humidity and I am sorry it affected your room. We are 100% compliant with new Sheraton brand initiatives including recent conversion to new Sheraton white bedding ensemble, Core performance fitness center and upcoming OP1906 outdoor patio to include fire places, fire pits, outdoor contemporary setting for Food and Beverage. I am confident we will exceed your expectations the next time around.
Kansas City
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We spent one night in July at this hotel and found it to be excellent in all respects. We had a standard King room on the 16th floor. The room was large, well furnished and spotless. The LG large screen flat screen HD TV was a big plus as we wanted to watch the World Cup. Excellent TV set and reception. The only thing I could fault about the room was the lack of an in room safe, but that was not a deal breaker. The hotel should consider installing a safe in the closet as there was plenty of room for one.

The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever had in any hotel and the quality of the linens was superb. We slept very well.

The food in the bar (we had lunch there after checking in) was quite good and the portions were more than generous. Do not accept the waiter's description of the flat bread pizza as "small if you are hungry" - it was big enough for two. We also felt the food and drinks were fairly priced when one considers this is a convention center hotel. No ripoffs going on here. There is also a Starbucks with coffee and a selection of fast breakfast items in the lobby for morning use, as well as a full service cafe. We used Starbucks and were happy with the selection and the prices were typical of any Starbucks. Nice quick breakfast.

All in all, a wonderful hotel and one that we would stay at again with no hesitation!

Good job Sheraton OP!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
Thank you sharing your experience; glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. Our Club level rooms and suites offer in room safe at this time. We will certainly take your feedback in to consideration when we renovate our guest rooms in the coming years. We value your business and look forward to your next visit.
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Definitely a very, very nice hotel in a good location... easy access to restaurants and shops in OP without having to drive on a busy I-435. Excellent service both at check-in and checkout. Parking was free and it was convenient to go from the parking lot up an elevator to the main floor and then a short walk to another elevator up to my room. The "Link@Sheraton" area with computers and free internet access was quite helpful. The pool and hot tub were fantastic. Sheraton beds are as promised... extremely comfortable. Room was clean and nice and it was the first time that I've ever had an HDTV in a hotel room. I only had a couple of complaints. One was minor... they did not have a sports station I was looking for which was broadcasting a baseball game I wanted to watch... I had to drive to a sports bar to watch it. Secondly and more importantly, I ordered room service for breakfast and it ended up costing considerably more than I anticipated because of 2 different service fees attached to the bill in addition to tax and gratuity. I didn't complain about this since the food and service were very good and because other services like parking were free. The fact that there are multiple service fees for room service and that those are well hidden on the menu would prevent me from choosing a Sheraton frequently for hotel stays, but I would definitely stay at a Sheraton again if I felt a desire to indulge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our amenities to the fullest. We continue to review our tv programming regularly on a national level and will pass on your feedback to the team that works with it. I am sorry you weren’t able to enjoy the game in the comfort of your room. I also recognize your concern of being charged considerably more than anticipated when ordering room service for breakfast. I assure you these charges are standard at hotels that offer room service. If you added additional gratuity on top of the service charge and the delivery fee I would like an opportunity to refund that back to you. Please connect with Andi Vanasse andi.vanasse@sheraton.com to get this resolved. Again thank you for your comments glad you enjoyed your experience and look forward to having you back in the near future. Lastly our goal is to be the Best Hotel in the area and we are working hard at it everyday!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 10, 2010

The staff is always friendly. They always make sure that our son gets his "own" key card! Room service is very quick. The breakfast is fabulous AND there is a Starbucks in the lobby! I am very picky about hotel beds and these are one of the most comfortable I've found. No itchy sheets or blankets here. Some of the rooms are showing their wear but nothing major. I would recommend that since the walls are painted a dark color, it would be helpful to wipe them down occasionally as the dust shows.

Our family requires adjoining rooms and we've always been able to get them even on short notice. Valet parking can be expensive but you can park yourself and we've never had a problem with that. It seems that many hotels these days make their money on the in-room internet service which is unfortunate. With young children, it is not always feasible to utilize the lobby internet especially since you usually use the computer during their naptime.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your business and your feedback is certainly appreciated. We are committed to a long range capital investment to ensure that our property remains well maintained. We have recently incorporated some of the key Sheraton brand initiatives to include Sheraton Link Café, Sheraton Link by Microsoft (complimentary computer access in the lobby connected to the internet and printer), Signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding ensemble and most recently Sheraton Fitness center powered by Core Performance. We are currently in the final stages of developing an outdoor patio entertainment area to add the existing guest experience. Thank you for your recommendation concerning the dark colored wall in our guest rooms our housekeeping team is currently addressing that opportunity. We look forward to being your home away from home and will have your connecting rooms ready next time. Until then!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2010

Had to attend a convention at the Overland Park Convention Center and stayed at their host hotel, the Sheraton. Very clean, well decorated hotel and looks impressive from the road. Watch out, they will charge you for everything. Quite frankly I am surprised the check in and check out did not have a fee associated with it.

Allow me to explain my frustration with this. I had a couple packages shipped to the hotel that I was going to need for the convention. Upon my arrive about 1pm, I asked for the packages and they were to locate them and get them to me right away. btw, my room was not ready because check in was at 3pm and no one was allowed to check in until then. How is it that every hotel room gets clean and inspected exactly at 3pm and not one was available until then. My bags get stored (at a fee) and off to the restaurant I go to get some lunch, 10 minutes later I finally get seated in a dining room with only four other parties eating and my lunch takes 30 minutes to arrive. I digress, the fees – right? - When I finally received my packages, about 5pm after calling twice and going to the front desk one. I assembled some gift for clients of mine staying in the hotel and asked the front desk to deliver them. There is a $2.50 fee to the hotel plus tip for the bellman, the front desk person recommended that I give the bellman $3 for each delivery. On the day of my departure, I received a bill under my door and noticed that I was bellman gratuity charges of $12.50 for delivering five gifts to my client’s rooms and a $70.00 receiving charge for my packages that were shipped to the hotel that took 4 hours to be delivered to my room. I also tipped the bellman $15 bucks for bring them up. All in all, in addition to the cost of my room, I paid a total of $112.50 in fees and tips for packages.

Let me tell you about the restaurant and bar quickly – they are over priced and have very poor service.

The “Car” service they have at the hotel is run by the “Greeks”. They only charge $2.00 for the first mile and then they quote after that. One thing they fail to tell you is that it is $2.00 per person for the first mile, so when four of us asked to be taken to a local restaurant, about a mile away, it cost us $24 each way. I recommend renting a car, the area is very car friendly and I found out from a friend that they only paid $27 per day for a mid-sized car at the airport.

Internet in the rooms was $10.95 per day - total rip off. Internet access in hote should be free.

The hotel was OK, not the best Sheraton in the band, but what do you expect from a hotel attached to the convention center, right?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank DJinSC001
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean, well decorated and one that offers a good curb appeal. I would like to respond to some of the key comments stated above in your review. All our contracts disclose the fact that we do charge for package receiving, storage, handling and delivering. While our team strives to accommodate every guest as early as possible certain days with heavy departures and arrivals including groups with certain room type or location requirements forces us to adhere to the 3pm check-in time. We currently do not charge to store baggage and I will personally ensure our bell services team continues to maintain that expectation. I am disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant and assure you that we will continue to evaluate our services and pricing on a regular basis. I believe our food and beverage services offer a quality product and are competitively priced. We evaluate all ancillary fees that we charge at our hotel on a regular basis by comparing them to full service Starwood Hotels & Resorts and also other full service hotels within our market. Thank you again for choosing the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel and I hope we remain your hotel of choice in the future.