“Top Notch Hotel! Great Staff, Service, and Price! Best Hotel I've been to!”

Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The title says it all. This is a great hotel! I'm from Iowa and travel a lot. I spend about 25 weeks a year in hotels and this sheraton is the best hotel around. When I am in Kansas City I will not even consider other hotels!

Highly recommended for everyone. Great for Travel, Families, Vacation, weddings...you name it! They will out perform your expectations!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center

Reviewed September 3, 2009

The Sheraton was the perfect stage for a beautiful wedding.... zero complaints.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends

Great Bar
Excellent food
wonderful lobby, valet/bellmen
Well kept rooms

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William-sch
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I travel to KC about 25 times a year or work, and have been calling the Sheraton my "home away from home" for the past 6 years. I have personally experienced just about every hotel in the KC area --- Hyatt, Intercont, Doubletree, Hilton Garden, Marriott, Westin etc...and the Sheraton is head and shoulders above them all. Here is why:

The rooms are the most spacious, neatly appointed, and best kept in the area. The furnishings are very progressive, in great shape, and are very functional. Plenty of outlets for the pc/phone, and a nice selection of chairs to kick back reaad/work/watch tv.
Most importantly the beds are very comfortable and provide for a great nights sleep.

The lobby bar has just gone through a major renovation. Its a great spot to grab a bite or meet with work associates. There is always a group of people gathered using the free internet access or watching a game, making for a nice outlet.

Room Service is my staple. The food is good, and the menu is broad. What I enjoy most is the flexibility of the chef to spin up something off menu for me.

Quality of the Employees --- this is the primary reason I return week after week. The group of employees behind the desk, in catering, in the bar, the lounge etc... are some of the nicest, most accommodating people I have met in the hospitality industry. They call me by name, provide me newspapers, magazines, personal choices etc...

As a Starwood Platinum, the hotel always honors an upgrade of some sort for me, and provides access to their lounge. The lounge has a nice breakfast selection in the morning and some great snacks at night.

When traveling to KC, the Sheraton needs to be your top choice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The Sheraton Overland Park is the finest Sheraton that I've stayed in over the years. Everything about it is above board and refreshing. The beauty of the facilities, as it is tied into the Convention center is noteworthy. The swimming pool area is well done and worthy of spending good amounts of time there. The workout center is adequate and it's juxtaposition to the pool area makes you feel that you are in a nicer gym.

I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the food in the restaurant. Everything was presented in a very high end fashion at a reasonable price. I got the Shrimp and Grits and it was the best I've had anywhere. I would have licked the plate if I were at home.
The rooms were very clean, the whole hotel was very clean and I couldn't believe that the facilities were 7 years old. One of the Food and Beverage managers explained to me that the hotel was somehow partially funded by bonds issued by the City and that resulted in this well above average facility.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, and perhaps will stay at that particular hotel again. I was most impressed with Kansas City as a whole and the hotel just capped it off.

I am however done as a Starwoods guest due to their Starwoods Preferred Program. I needed this stay to post immediately to take advantage of a promotion they have been running where you get a free weekend night with every 2 weekday nights. They claim that it takes 3-5 business days to post to my account. I was trying to use the free weekend night the following Saturday night which was 3 days away. I was told that there was absolutely no way they could go ahead and post it to my account (up to the supervisor level) It would take 3-5 business days, no exceptions. In this age of computers and immediate access to everything, I find this hard to believe. Maybe, I would have been okay with that answer if all of my points were consistently updated on my account, but they seldom are. I've spent a good deal of time calling the SPG customer support to get them to update my account after a stay or after I took the time to fill out a survey or something.

For years, I've raved about the Sweet Sleeper beds and how I'm able to get a good night's sleep the first night. I've always told people that I always stay at Sheratons because of this, despite the average customer service. This incident however has changed my mind. Just when I really need a free night to enjoy my 10th Anniversary with my wife, Starwoods let's me down. Everytime I get ready to book travel, I think about which rewards program to utilize, and for the past 5 years it's been SPG over Hilton Honors or Marriott. This weekend I'm staying at one of those hotels and Sheraton will never again be a part of my considerations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LordByronofCary
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed here over Memorial day for a car club trip to the nearby drag strip. It was very crowded but to be expected that weekend. I'm just going to hit the highlights: 1. parking was ample, was able to park all of the club with out problems and some people even had trailers. 2. This is a well maintained hotel, common areas and guest rooms are well maintained. 3. The location is prime, just a few minutes drive and you have tons of restaurant choices. 4. The lobby bar and restaurant are excellent and the prices are reasonable for a hotel. My husband and I ate dinner and had two very nice filets for $60.
The lowlight is service was lacking, I had to wait for a beer or just go up to the bar and get one and at breakfast I could barely get coffee. Servers are polite just very slow. Other than that we had a great time and plan to stay there again next year for the same event.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shahrazadsun
Reviewed March 27, 2009

Nice suburban, high rise convention hotel. Not near the Kansas City airport or Kansas City's downtown or Plaza area, if that is important. Fine with us as we knew the distances ahead of time. Great neighborhood mall-type shopping and lots of close restaurant choices. Restaurant at the hotel was good as well. Room was very clean, nicely supplied with extras and quiet. Free parking or valet available too.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business