Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Arizona
“Great Stay”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our family recently spent five days here, 4 adults, one child and two mini schnauzers. It was the best experience, friendly staff, clean rooms, room service was top notch, restaurant and bar were super.
Everyone in our party had a great stay, It couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: This is a wonderful dog friendly hotel. Ask for a room next to an elevator. Please follow the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was glad to hear your family and schnauzers enjoyed the five day stay. We look forward to your return.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I attend a very large conference every year. This is one of the best conference centers I have stayed at in a long time. Very surprised how pleasant the staff was! Accommodations were great. Bar and restaurant were great as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about how much you enjoy the hotel for your annual conference. It’s always great reading when the team exceeds our customers’ expectations. We look forward to your return.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.
Nebraska
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our family and two small dogs stayed for two nights prior to a weekend so there were plenty of business travelers present as well. Despite the obvious business orientation of the facility and convention center, we did not feel out of place or ignored. The facility does have a surprisingly nice area to exercise the dogs which was a bonus. It is very convenient to I-435 and it was a quick trip to the Sports Complex for a Royal's game, and to the zoo/Starlight for a concert. Self parking was free, close, and very easy to access.

Room Tip: Rooms seemed largely the same, good breakfast joint just to the west several blocks… Le Peep.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and our close easy access to all attractions around the Kansas City area. It’s great to see the Royals back in contention and I was especially happy to read our staff took great care of you and Fido.
There are many more things to do in the area so we hope to see you soon. Enjoy the summer and Safe Travels.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton while attending a conference in the hotel. The service was great and staff were very friendly upon check-in, check-out, and in helping secure a taxi back to the airport. My hotel room was clean and comfortable, and the price was reasonable.

The hotel is a solid 45 minutes away from the airport. There is a restaurant and bar on site, as well as a pool and fitness center (I did not use either, however).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I will bring your comments to the attention of our team. Thanks again for taking the time to extend your feedback. Have a Great Summer and Safe Travels.
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The family and I stayed here for a staycation and enjoyed every minute of our time in the hote. The beds were very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. Everyone from the front desk agents to the cleaning crew were friendly and welcoming. The kids enjoyed the pool and so did we! overall great stay and can't wait for our next staycation here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent staycation. It’s always nice reading about how much you enjoyed your family get away. We realize how important it is to relax and enjoy family time together. There are so many new attractions around our hotel and we hope you get the opportunity to experience them all. Have a great summer and Safe Travels. Hope to see you soon at Sheraton.
O'Fall
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Disappointed with the unresponsiveness when calling the front desk asking to simply have our room cleaned before 4:30 or 5:00 in the evening. Cleaning crew is understaffed and needs additional help. Room consistently was warm to hot in the middle of the night even thought the air was set at 65.

Stayed July 2014
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. We have noted your comments regarding the room not being cleaned on time and we would like to apologize for not reaching your expectations. I will review your comments during our operations meetings and place emphasis on meeting our housekeeping expectations and have the AC unit in this room inspected.
We do hope you will choose to stay with us again and we are confident that your next stay will be pleasurable in every respect.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Overland Park hotel while travelling from Los Angeles to Chicago. This was one of the hotels that we booked while on our road trip. The hotel is a Sheraton Hotel in all aspects, meaning that is not luxury but is slightly above average (and I mean just slightly). The most important thing since this hotel is not in downtown KC is the location as it was convenient to the highway. For those of you who are visiting on business this is a perfect hotel as well as there's a large space for conferences and meeting rooms. The room rates were okay but they were not the cheapest hotel in KC, again I believe that you get what you paid for and this hotel was perfectly fine for what I call a basis hotel stay. While the rooms of this hotel were actually good, the decor of this hotel is too "grandma" house like with wall paper rooms, carpet floors, etc. It's really not our cup of tea but the rooms and facility were super clean, the beds were super comfortable. But in terms of the service I think they need to improve. Specially at the coffee shop, front-desk and at the bar, which were the service areas that we experienced issues with. The bartender and coffee shop attendant did not really seem genuine in wanting to serve us (as paying customers this is unacceptable), it's almost like they had a bit of an attitude and seemed rushed to get out of there. The front desk clerk seemed totally out of it when we checked in, he did not even asked me if I was an SPG (Starwood Preferred) member, which would have usually bumped me up to a room with a better view. But we did not complain after all I wasn't going to tell him how to do his job. I don't think I will be staying here again anytime soon, because I don't travel across country every year but there were some con's and pro's with this hotel. Overall like I said it's a hotel that would be classified more as a 3.5 stars, not fully a 4-star hotel (it would been a 4-star hotel in my opinion), but the service was a bit of a letdown even for Sheraton hotel standards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for your feedback and apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We are currently working with our designer to begin our rooms renovation next year and through the following years. From what I have seen with some of her ideas I believe you will like the concept. I will also follow through with our Dir. Of Outlets concerning your comments about service, I agree that is not acceptable. We are grateful for your support and would like to thank you, once again, for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.