Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Wichita, Kansas
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I worked in the hotel industry for 3 years. I know how much hotels hate third party booking sites, but when I found a killer deal for this hotel for the July 4th holiday I had to snag it. I asked for a room that was as high as possible. My husband is a combat veteran and does not like the sound of fireworks, but we both love looking at them. We were hoping to get a high room with a great view of the city so we could see multiple fireworks celebrations at once off in the distance. Because we booked on a third party website I was expecting to have to charm my way into a room on a high floor. Imagine my surprise when the hotel manager checked us in and gladly accommodated our request! He gave us a room on the 16th floor! The highest non-club floor they have.

Because our request was granted my husband and I had a wonderful night. We ordered dessert in the restaurant downstairs and took it up to our room. We turned the two comfortable chairs around to face the window, turned off all the lights in the room and sat back and enjoyed the view. It was *exactly* what we were looking for.

If we had been willing to deal with the sound of the fireworks we could have gone downstairs to the patio to enjoy the grilled burgers and refreshments that the hotel was offering.

The hotel itself is lovely. The lobby is grand and open. Every member of the staff we encountered (the manager checking us in, 1 restaurant employee and the bartender) were incredibly friendly and helpful. I even thought about taking advantage of the Breakfast In Bed option (fill out an order form and hang it on your doorknob the night before and room service will bring you breakfast the next morning!), but my husband and I like to sleep super late, so I knew we wouldn't have time to eat.

I was so pleased with this hotel that I plan on keeping an eye on it to stay here this coming New Years Eve, too. We plan on returning next 4th of July and getting a corner room so that we can see the fireworks from the Corporate Woods complex a mile away.

Seriously impressed.

Room Tip: We were in 1608. Great view, quiet, lots of room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoLongerNomadic
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. First of all I want to thank your husband for his service to our country and thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay and especially the view of the fireworks display. It was great having the opportunity to exceed your expectations and we look forward to your future stay.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I spent six nights at this hotel while in town for the National Speech and Debate Tournament. Even with thousands of high school students staying in the hotel at the same time, it was a very pleasant experience.
The room was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. The rooms were also a good size, and the bathroom felt newly updated.
The lobby area was very nice. The ability to have a drink downstairs while watching World Cup games was great. The pool and work out area were easily accessible. Parking was also convenient.
The staff were some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. I had a complicated check-in process because of five rooms under my name, but the staff always remained happy and friendly.
While the wi-fi did end up being free, it was not a great speed. The signal frequently went in and out. That was the only drawback to an otherwise excellent hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay during the National Speech and Debate Tournament. We enjoyed having your group with us and look forward to your return.
McKinney, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Two "thumbs up" to the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center. My wife and I recently completed a very relaxing stay. The facility itself is quite nice, rooms spacious and staff attentive without being overly so. We enjoyed the breakfast on the club level. The location of the hotel was perfect for people and places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your Thumbs Up! It’s great hearing that you enjoyed your recent visit. We look forward to your return visit.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Pros: clean (in a dated 90s-ish way), adjacent to Overland Park Convention Center, Starbucks in rooms (but not enough creamer), comfortable beds, free parking, courteous front desk. Cons: poor soundproofing. The room next to me and one across the hall were occupied by groups of apparently unsupervised squealing, running, door slamming high school students here for a speech and debate event. They ran and talked and laughed loudly in the hall and room next door till almost midnight. The room AC/fan didn't provide enough white noise; I had to turn the TV on high to drown out the noise. I thought the hotel's charges for wifi (5 or 10 dollars depending on number of devices) were excessive in the era of free wifi everywhere. The weekday breakfast buffet, at 14.95, also seemed too pricey, so I passed it up. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in the room. Next time I will look for a Residence Inn or Holiday Inn Express, which deliver quieter rooms, free internet and much better value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent visit. I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

My room was on 12th floor - comfortable, quiet. Loved having the option of buffet or menu for breakfast. The dining room staff were always courteous, friendly.

The pillows could have been a little firmer for my taste - but other than that I had a very trouble free enjoyable stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

marssl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel looks to have been recently updated. Furnishings are nice, if somewhat basic. Room was quiet and bed comfortable. Location is decent. There isn't much around the hotel (other than the convention center) but the interstate is very close by. Breakfast on the club level was a bit disappointing, as the selection was very minimal. Overall, would stay here again, if the price was right.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent visit. I appreciate your comments as this is how we continually improve upon our product and service. The next time you are here be sure and ask about area attractions. There are many new entertainment, shopping, and food and beverage operations near the hotel. We have arranged certain complimentary scheduled transportation during certain hours and also have reduced town car pricing within the area. I am sure we can meet your needs.
Thanks again for the input and have a great summer.
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I just finished a wonderful experience at Sheraton Overland Park. The staff was very response to our needs. The facilities were modern and immaculate. Food was excellent. Parking easy. Bed comfortable. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a place for a conference venue.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with your convention and service you received.
We look forward to your return visit.