“Extremely friendly and service conscious”

Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
“Extremely friendly and service conscious”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our family has stayed at this hotel a number of times throughout the past several years, and we have always been pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, up-to-date and attractive lobby, excellent buffet breakfast, and overall service provided. The staff at the reception desk is very welcoming and goes out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of. During my last stay the middle of May, I left my MacBook charger in my room. When I realized I had left it about 100 miles down the road, I called the hotel. Kim, in housekeeping, checked the room and called me back within 15 minutes to let me know they had the charger and would be happy to send it to me. I appreciated receiving a response so quickly and the willingness to help.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are more spacious and quieter. Also, be sure to check out the special rates a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such nice feedback. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned and we appreciate your loyalty. Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights while in town for my aunt's wedding, and the reception was in one of the ballrooms. It's easy access to the highway and to Metcalf. Rooms were nice but no fridge or microwave. Comfy bed, with lots of pillows, yay. Bonus points for having a remote with a sleep timer for the TV!

Service at the desk was outstanding; they were very accommodating to my grandfather and great aunt, both of whom have trouble walking and needed handicap rooms.

The service and food at the reception were great, although I was unimpressed by the filet. The brunch buffet was also very good.

If I had to come up with a complaint, it's that the website didn't say the rooms had hair dryers, so I packed mine. I could have brought another pair of shoes instead!

• Stayed May 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend us your feedback and suggestions. When we begin our room renovations we do plan on placing refrigerators in room and will have a microwave available for your use in the lobby / Link area. Thanks again for your comments and sorry you missed that extra pair of shoes.
We hope to see you soon at Sheraton. Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
edinburgh,scotland
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed overnight before going to Kansas City airport 35 miles away.
large club room for SPG guests.
Really good front desk reception and offer with luggage to room
Wanted a taxi to take us to restaurant and hotel ordered a small limo at very reasonable cost

Large hotel that had a conference but were able to handle with no apparent problem

Recommended

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for you kind comments about our property and staff. We look forward to your return visit.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night for business. Exceeded expectations. Very up to date, good lobby bar with excellent service which is unusual in lobby bars. Had some great cocktails, couple free bottled waters in room, very clean and spacious for business.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your recent business stay with us. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Exceptional Service & pristine accommodations describe my experience at my recent stay at the Sheraton Overland Park facility. From the doorman to the front desk attendant to the waitress in the lounge, the staff was courteous and attentive. My future stays in Kansas City have found a new home!

• Stayed May 2014
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know how impressed you were with the property and most importantly the staff. They work hard at exceeding customer expectations and connecting with each of you.
Have a great summer and Safe Travels.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was the perfect spot for me as it's just a few steps away from the convention center, making my life easy for this trip. The staff was friendly, the restaurant was far more than I expected which made the entire stay that much more perfect. The bedding was top notch, leading to a perfect sleep each night, my room was clean, with noise outside or inside noise, the AC worked perfectly and was silent while operating. The breakfast here in their restaurant is outstanding, and I had the salmon one night for dinner and it was killer good. I was a bit dissappointed in the fact they only have bottle beer, but it was a decent selection. All in all this was the perfect spot during my business trip and only about a 30 minutes ride from the airport.

Room Tip: The hallways were so silent, I doubt you could find any room that would be noisy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank wkrupa
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. I am happy you enjoyed the property and service from our staff. We consistently rate high with the majority of our customer concerning our product and services. We look forward to your next visit to Kansas City. Hope you have the opportunity to visit Prairie Fire, our new entertainment, shopping and museum attractions.
Have a great Summer and Safe Travels.
Lincoln
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Greeting was great! Check-in was very easy. Stayed on the 10th floor. Rooms are average at best. They seemed to be very clean just a little smelly. Beds were hard but bedding was great! Complaints... We were in the area for a softball tournament that we come to every year. Upon arrival we were given team breakfast vouchers valued at $8. Team breakfast were set up in a separate area and offered almost nothing edible. Powdered eggs, muffins, bagels. All of which were to dry to eat. They also offered Cheerios, cornflakes or oatmeal. The oatmeal was edible. Drink choices were milk or coffee. No juice... No water... No meat!! O yes, they did offer butter or cream cheese for the stale bread. That's it! My husband asked for jelly for my little guys and got a what you see if what u get answer): I don't know if any of you have fed athletes?! Breakfast is important they may not get another meal for quite sometime My opinion... This breakfast option was a disgrace! Called down to see if we could turn our vouchers in for a discount at the non-team hotel buffet. You guessed it.. We got turned down again! Lastly, you could take absolutely nothing out of your room that was not purchased from them. We stay almost every weekend all spring and summer in hotels and we have never run into anything like this. Note to self... Never give Sheraton another dime!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Justanaveragemom
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It sounds like we were not able to meet your expectations and I am truly sorry for this. I will review your comments with our team this morning and open it up for improvement discussions. We have been serving the same team meal for the past 3 years and the majority of our guests appreaciate the offer. We have a full buffet in our restaurant that you can purchase. Seems many of the items you mentioned are normally on the buffet. I don’t understand why they weren’t but assure you I will find out. Not sure what you mean you could not take anything from the room without paying for it? Again sorry we didn’t meet your expectations and we are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and do hope that in time, you may reconsider your pour position and choose to stay with us in the future.
Safe Travels