Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$104
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$96
Homewood
Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$71
$69
Agoda.com
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$100
$93
$87
$67
Priceline
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$104
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe club loungefront deskroom servicestarbucks coffeekansas cityoutdoor patioself parkingdance competitionhotel restaurantvery nice hotelup to datelobby areabusiness travelernice staybusiness tripeasy accesssoccer tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Recently spend a couple of days at the Sheraton Overland Park and found the experience very positive. Staff was very helpful if I needed anything and went out of their way to solve any issue I might have. Had lunch in the restaurant which was every tasty.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for your feedback and it was great to hear you enjoyed a very positive experience. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Traveled here for an event that one of my children was attending. Arrived late friday on 1/31, after a long drive, you always have a little bit of trepidation when you walk up to the front desk thoughts like (will they have my reservation, will they give me an upgrade, will they honor my requests all go through your head). Maria Castillo helped me at the front desk and she was wonderful. Simply wonderful. Sheraton please note that the front desk experience heavily influences all of your travelers views on your hotel from the outset.

Maria was professional courteous and handled all of my requests efficiently. Thanks to being a gold member I got and upgrade and I paid slightly more to upgrade further. I left the front desk feeling very optimistic that this day was going to be good and it was, it was very good.

here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Front desk staff, especially Maria Castillo. 5 STARS
2. Club level rooms, spacious well appointed, free waters in the room, nice toiletries
3. Club lounge, breakfast was VERY good, omelets, bacon, muffins, donuts, fruit, juices, oatmeal etc. Open 24 hours with all the soda/water that you could want. Well worth the upcharge.
4. Fitness center and pool, the fitness center is medium sized, clean and well appointed. there are not a lot of free weights but enough dumbbells for me to get a good work out in. There is a multi function 'soloflex' like machine that allows you to hit other muscle groups as well. I like that the fitness center is 24 hours, i hit the gym at 11 on friday after that long drive and it felt great.
5. Management, we arrived at the start of an ice storm, I heard that management extended rooms at their hotel for their employees since the drive home would be treacherous. I respect a hotel that respects and values their employees' safety.

Cons
1. Have to be honest here but the club lounge attendant on Friday night was NOT nice. She seemed like she did not want my family and I to be up there. Easy for me to ignore but if I was here for longer I would have complained to management.

I am a fan and will stay again. You will be happy if you stay here. Well recommended.

Room Tip: upgrade to the club lounge level, its worth it
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It’s always great hearing the “Pro’s” as we recognize our staff for exceeding our guests expectations and how they connect with them. I apologize for the way our club attendant made you feel. This is not acceptable and we will council and do additional training to ensure we are living the Sheraton Brand. We hope to see you soon and thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I recently conducted a seasonal training seminar at this hotel...and it was truly flawless. The meeting room, the food, the room temperature, the banquet staff, even the number of stalls in the ladies room...perfect.

When you add the service provided by the front desk, bellmen, housekeeping, & restaurant servers, it's easy to see why this hotel books very fast. I'm so impressed with the fact they are able to host so many companies & never falter on the excellent service.

If you are considering any type of meeting in the Kansas City area, check here first!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent stay and meeting held at our hotel. We review all customer feedback daily looking for ways to improve and also recognizing our staff for their performance.
I can’t wait to let the team know your thoughts. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Staying at this Sheraton again (see previous review), and the customer service is amazing as usual. They are quick to fix any problems or concerns you have. When we first arrived, there were several Jr. High aged girls running around (and slamming doors...but I think that is more due to the metal fire doors in the hotel and the lack of shutting doors quietly -- no muffling device or pad when door shuts). I thought it might be a problem at bedtime, but it wasn't a problem. Everyone was quiet by bedtime. I am sure if I had called the front desk (which I didn't), they would've taken care of it too. Anyway, slept soundly (and I am a light sleeper). Again, we did have an adjoining room wasn't too bad. I had forgotten to ask NOT to have an adjoining room. DUH. My bad. I know better. The AC/Heater in the room is wonderful and can be adjusted to low-med-high fan speeds. Medium does a great job masking hallway noise (if there is any). Room very clean and had very clean bathroom.

Room Tip: avoid adjoining rooms -- they can get noisy if the person next door has friends...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay, comfort of the room and especially the customer service. I promise we will continue to work hard exceeding all customer expectations daily.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had several rooms at the hotel over the weekend for our extended family. The hotel was beautiful, clean and well managed. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were friendly, accommodating and went out of there way to make sure our stay was comfortable. It is a wonderful hotel and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The club level offers breakfast and snacks in the evening. The service was outstanding.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and most importantly how the staff took time to connect with you. We look forward to many return visits.
Have a great day and Safe Travels.