“5 Stars is not enough!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Denver, Colorado
“5 Stars is not enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am not sure where to start with this review and I know I am going to miss thanking some of the awesome staff. I need to give you a bit of history. My mom had a massive stroke on December 22nd. I always stay at the Sheraton Overland Park when staying in Kansas to visit. I called the hotel on Dec 23rd and talked to Brice (Kudu’s on your well deserved recent promotion) he was so understanding and kind and got me a great rate for 3 nights. I checked in Christmas Eve. As hard as it was being there everyone at the Sheraton was so kind. Christmas morning there was a surprise stocking hung on my door with a kind note from the management. As my mom was moved to HOSPICE and my sister arrived, the hotel accommodated us (Upgraded me and put us both on the same floor). We had to make several extensions Bruce and John were very helpful and all changes were met with understanding and helpfulness.
We decided to have a family meal at the hotel New Years Eve. Gina was our waitress what a fabulous person! Tristain also helped out and recognized my brother from his TV show so my bro gave her a signed picture to show off at college.
Mom passed away New Years Day and as I had told most of the staff what was going on I even received a sympathy card from the Manager John Armstrong. John also set up the dining room for another family dinner on January 2nd. As sad as it was the service was excellent we had Tristain serve us again she was great. When I called the front desk I was often greeted with condolences on my loss.
Everyone one at this hotel was so awesome the valet always had my car waiting. Helped us as we had to move and sort many of my mom’s things. The hotel let me use the house safe for my mom’s jewelry. As sad and grieved as I was the staff bent over backwards to assist me throughout my 12 day stay. I could never say enough nice things about the staff or the quality of the hotel including the quality of the rooms, the front desk staff, the wait staff, food, the pool, housekeeping, room service, valet all marvelous. I would so highly recommend this hotel as I have stayed here many times. This time, over the holidays and all, they knocked it out of the park. My praise for this hotel and staff could not be higher.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and upgrade to Club level. They offer breakfast and afternoon appetizers served until...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neva61
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. First, we again are so sorry about your loss. It is never easy no matter how prepared one might be. Our thoughts are with you and your family. I will personally review your feedback with the team and let them know of your kind thoughts.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

How lovely to be greeted by someone with a warm smile. Every person we encountered was friendly and helpful. We stayed here to attend a dance competition, and the hotel was packed. The staff handled all the special requests graciously and efficiently. We ate in the restaurant at odd hours because of our schedule and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and level of service! The Club lounge was great; the rooms comfy and quiet. We would definitely stay here again !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Hotel in Overland Park. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback. I was glad to read you enjoyed the JUMP weekend at the hotel and center. I will relay your comments to the team as they did a lot of extra things to be sure we would take good care of the large crowd. We look forward to your return.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent the night there after a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner/ball. The staff was very accomodating. The room was well appointed. The hotel is pretty. Check-in was a breeze. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. We were very glad to hear you enjoyed the New Year’s Eve Omega Ball. We enjoy the group very much and always look forward to the gala. We look forward to seeing you later this year. Have a great day and safe travels.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I would imagine this hotel will be very pleasant and convenient for anybody visiting Overland Park area on business. The hotel was very clean and conveniently located. Our room did not have robes etc. and the amenities were minimal but satisfactory. The bed was a little too soft for my liking but it was fine. One thing I would love to come back for is the outside patio bar I saw on the photo... maybe in the summer time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello from the Sheraton Hotel in Overland Park Kansas. Thank you for sharing the nice comments about our hotel. We look forward to your summer return. We get a lot of nice comments about the outdoor patio and we have a great view of the Overland Park Fireworks Show. Hope to see you soon.
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed here for the weekend for our holiday party at the convention center. Although we did not dine at the restaurant, our stay was excellent. It was the most beautiful Sheraton that I've been to. The room was immaculate and the staff was wonderful. I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: 4th floor was great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for extending your feedback about your recent stay. Glad you hear you enjoyed your holiday party and felt you had an excellent stay. We look forward to seeing you soon at Sheraton.
Dickinson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I spent 4 nights and had 3 days of business confrence and the staff made the stay most enjoyable. My room was clean and very comfertable with a nice view. The food in the restruant was the best I have had from a hotel menue. I would recomend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent business conference. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the clean comfortable room and the fact you enjoyed our F&B operations. We hope you have the opportunity to visit Kansas City in the future and will choose our hotel again. We look forward to your return visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I just got back from two nights at the Sheraton in Overland Park. It is conveniently located off the highway and is adjacent to the Overland Park Convention Center. I had room service one night that was very good and had the breakfast buffet each morning. The food was good and would recommend. The rooms were clean in good shape. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. We enjoy learning from our customers what we do well and also we are always looking for ways to improve. Thanks for your nice comments about our rooms, staff, and food and beverages. We look forward to your return visit.
Safe Travels and Happy Holidays!