“Good Service & Friendly Staff”

Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is my third time this year staying at this property and did not disappoint. The service is always good and the staff are very friendly. It does get a bit crowded sometimes however what do you expect from a hotel that is at the Convention Center? Good job to management who also should deserve credit for a well run operation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for your feedback and loyalty! It’s always great hearing from customers who have stayed with is before. We look forward to you return and if there is any special things we can do to help exceed expectations just let us know. We are happy to do what it takes. If it’s not impossible it’s done, if it is impossible....it will be done.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a good experience with the Sheraton. Nothing out of the ordinary took place, good or bad. We arrived late at night and needed a crib. It was delivered, not immediately, but in a reasonable amount of time. We heard no sound from neighbors next door or above or below us.

When we checked out on the second morning, management sent a follow up email to which we replied and then received a personal response.

Next opportunity we get, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for your feedback and your loyalty. It’s always great to hear that customers are looking forward to a return visit. Let us know how we can Wow your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was visiting from out of town and ended up with this hotel from Priceline.com. Spent $80.00 per day and the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel was that the WI-FI was not good. I was not able to get my smart phone to connect to there WI-FI and we stayed in room 308. Watch out for the water pressure when you use the shower, you may just have some of your skin peeled off. The room was clean and the rest of the hotel as well. The hotel had a parking garage for self service parking or they had employee's who would park your car for you. The hotel had a pet exercise area which I thought was nice for those who have pets.

Be prepared to hear noises from the hallways! Not very quiet at times as we had young kids talking loudly in the hallway and you could hear everything.

When parking your car in the parking garage, you must use the elevator that is connected to the parking garage and once you get to the main floor of the hotel, you must get off the elevator and walk into the main elevators that serve the hotel. The pool and gym are located in the hallway that you take to get to the parking garage elevator. There is an outside patio and also a large screen tv built into a fireplace.

Very nice and clean hotel and it's located closely to interstate access.

Room Tip: The only negative things I found about this hotel was that you can hear noise out in the hallway and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We really like hearing from our customers as it identifies opportunities for change and improvement.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

enjoyed my stay at sheraton in overland park , i rate this hotel a 10. the staff was friendly and especially the front desk. when i checked in there were 3 people working the desk and they were professional and friendly especially naiya. i visti kansas city area and this hotel will be my first choice. it is close the shops/resturants/highways routes. just loved the fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. It’s great to read that you enjoyed the hotel, our staff friendliness and service, and location. There are many things to do with in the area and most attractions can be easily assessed with in twenty minutes of the hotel. Whatever you like....Baseball, Football, Soccer, Shopping, Museums, night life, etc. Let us help answer or direct you to any of the great Kansas City activities the next time you visit.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I noticed hotel management responds to almost every comment here, and as it seems this is the only way to get the hotel management's attention, I will list my problems regarding service of this property here:
- After my stay in July, my credit card showed a $2.17 discrepancy compared to the bill I got upon check out, which I asked the credit card company to inquire.
Before the credit card company got back to me, I had to stay there again last week, and asked upon check in about this amount. The clerk responded the amount seems to be water, to which I responded I only consumed what was labeled "with our compliments".
The clerk then said:"This has already gone to accounting, I cannot do anything" I responded:"For me Sheraton is Sheraton, whether it is accounting or the reception" to which the clerk shot back:"So what do you want me to do?! write an e-mail? I can do that."
The same clerk never asked whether I needed one or two keys (I only got one), but she asked "do you want to go green during your stay". I thought this was outrageous: not being forthcoming to the customer's request, but asking approval for cost cutting measures that probably will give her some bonus points.
During my stay in August I heard back from the credit card company that this was a bottle of Fiji water I allegedly consumed. The credit card company is still working with Sheraton on this. It is not that I do not have $2.17, but I am not willing to pay for something I did not consume, and I find it is proof of lack of customer care if there is no error account that takes care of such discrepancies.
And no, I did not receive any official apologies from hotel management regarding this matter, so the email apparently did not work.
- I checked in at 4:30pm, and after I got to the room, someone knocked on my door. It was a clerk that said:"I am here to inspect your room, but I see you have already settled in." My web registration said "check-in 4pm", so I was not early.
- I was on the Club floor, and when I went to the Club lounge, there were a few ladies chatting. I thought these were guests, but looking closer, these were apparently ladies that are associated to the property. Nobody greeted me, they were deep in their own conversation.
- I waited 30min for response from the Transportation deck.
- A bright spot was Heidi (from Finland) who wanted to give me points for my inconveniences, but could not, as everything was already included.
Facilities: no fridge in the rooms
Breakfast: no salad bar (during stay in July)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kurt6100, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Greetings from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for the feedback you posted and apologize for the challenges you have had. I want to make sure we resolve this issue for you in any way that we can. if you could please contact me via email or phone at matthew.huckins@sheraton.com or at 913-234-2100 so that we can discuss the issues and make sure we resolve them immediately. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Matthew Huckins
Director of Front Office

Hi Folks,

I stayed at this Hotel for over 5 months.. a home away from home, but was one of the nicest experiences.. The one thing I really like and appreciated about the hotel was the exceptionaly firendly and professional staff

Having stayed there for a while i knew almost every staff in the hotel and they knew me. Whenever travelled away for the weekend, they would keep take my luggage to the store room and bring it back up to the room before I checked in

Every staff member was super friendly.. from the bell boy to the front desk to the in-room service staff

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for your feedback and most importantly your loyalty. It’s great to read about how the staff makes you feel at home.
Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to taking care of your future needs. See you soon in the lobby.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

When my husband and I got to the hotel we were very impressed. The lobby itself is stunning. The service from the gentleman working was fantastic. He welcomed us with a smile once we walked in and took care of us even when we looked drained from traveling! There was some minor renovating, but it was no where in our way (mainly the meeting halls and some mudding on walls, but kept the areas very clean). When we got to the room it was very clean. The only minor bad thing was the TV was losing signal on a couple of channels we watched before bed. Other than that, we were pleased with our stay. Next time we would like to spend time on the patio with the fire pits! Would highly recommend this hotel and the wonderful staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's great hearing you enjoyed your stay. Our renovation will be completed by Sept. 7th and we look forward to your return visit to see the final product. We are very excited that our product remains new and it is our hope to have the best in the area.
Hope to see you soon.