Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Peoria, Illinois
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Have stayed there more than a half a dozen times for our annual Expo event in March. It is a great hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Room are fine even the regular rooms and the bathroom, bed,...etc. are perfect. Free parking and being next door to Convention Center with walk-thru walkways is also a big plus. The gym is nice, functional, and clean. Don't now about the pool, I did not use it.

Will stay there over and over again. It is one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. Glad to hear you enjoyed the room, bed, fitness facility and most of all our staff. We work hard everyday to ensure we have the best product but it's our people that make the difference. Thanks again for your feedback and looking forward to your next visit.
Safe Travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights during a Comicon convention and it was noisy and crazy, all type of people walking around dressed as comic book characters. Was kind of interesting. The room is large and clean and the service is excellent - all the staff are friendly and helpful. Gym is really great. Also, food is pretty good overall - had room service a few times and ate at bar downstairs and the food was always palatable. The one down-side is that it is a business hotel and miles out of downtown Kansas City - we tried to get a taxi one night and the travel desk obviously called his friend or cousin and he tried to charge us $55 for the ride. When I questioned it, he said it was a good price for 25 miles. Now, downtown KC (Power and Light district) is 15 miles and we subsequently found out that $35 is a fair price for the trip. Left us feeling a little disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel…..yes it was a wild weekend in KC with the NakaKon Convention and the Big 12 Championship. Glad to hear you enjoyed the facilities and the food offerings. Kansas City is a great town and it is really very easy to get to all of the great attractions. It doesn’t matter if you are a motor sports fan, professional soccer, Baseball / Football or an avid shopper. Most of these attractions are within 20 minutes of the hotel.
Hope to see you soon and thanks for choosing Sheraton.
Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

What did I like about this place? Well, it's clean, it's modern, the lobby seemed like a happening place (even at 9pm in Overland Park...). Kudos on that.

Almost everything else about the place was MEH. The rooms were............ OK. The A/C unit groaned and buzzed like a steam locomotive which was disconcerting but, hey, I was tired and wanted sleep and so I overlooked it. The bed was fine. Nothing "extra" or "gracious". Standard cost-oriented upper middle class hotel.

Next AM breakfast was the standard buffet deal but perhaps a bit better than most places. Decent selection etc.

While this was an OK place to stay a night or two, I am not sure I would have enjoyed a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. This is the only way that we can make adjustments to improve our service. We look forward to your return visit.
hoyt kansas
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked a stay at this hotel by phone for Saturday night to attend the Flower and Garden Show. The room was for one person and my dog. They said there was no pet fee but I would need to sign a pet waiver which I said was fine. Upon arriving the manager who checked me in said my dog could not be left in the room unattented! I said they knew the room was for ONE PERSON WITH A DOG AND THE PURPOSE OF THE VISIT WAS TO ATTEND THE GARDEN SHOW. This made no difference to this manager. There was no apology or attempt to resolve the problem. Instead he defended their policy and tried to put the blame on me for not knowing their policy. I said it would have taken you 5 seconds to explain your policy when I called and made the reservation and mentioned I would be bringing my dog. Instead I had to drive around 90 miles one way and spend a fortune in gas to be told. I could not take my dog into the garden show so I had no choice but to drive all the way back and waist my time and money on the heels of the worst hotel experience I had ever had. Because I was upset and didn't let the manager bully me into agreeing the problem was my fault he said he was not going to cancel my reservation. His behavior was beyound belief and I had to leave or he said he would call the police. He had no grounds for doing that; he just had to be the one in total control. I had to threaten a lawsuit to get him to cancel my reservation. The event felt like an act of terriorism.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank unserpast
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for the feedback you posted and apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations concerning your recent visit. I assure you I am fully aware of what occurred from the time your reservation was made and the conversations you had with my team. I must say this is unusual as we have had numerous compliments concerning our Pet Policy and am happy to say the majority of our customers enjoy their visits. Please reach out to me personally to discuss any issues you continue to have.
Again, we are truly sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Edgerton, Kansas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Sheraton in Overland Park is an outstanding hotel. They are associated with the Overland Park Convention Center and have access without going outside. I have been to many events at this property as well as a room stay for a week. The events held here are very well handled. The staff is professional and extremely helpful. They respond to requests in a timely manner. There is a great little restaurant and bar. The lobby is spacious, up to date and open. The rooms were nicely appointed with suites and mini suites available. We definately enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. Suburban area, so views are about the same anywhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to extend your feedback about your recent visit. I believe we do have one of the best products in the market and are so fortunate to be connected to the convention center which offers additional space and event opportunities to the complex. We will continue to upgrade our property and have already plans with our designer and contractor for the meeting space and club level rooms later this year and next.
Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit.
minn
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel is nice older property. Be prepared to spend for valet and parking. this hotel is attached to a convention center.
i was a bit surprised that as a starwood gold member I was expected to pay $7.50 for 4 hours of internet service. Most hotels i stay at offer free wifi but not here
In addition they had water bottles around the room. Small sign telling you $1.00 for this water bottle. This is after they give you the first one free so you have one then grab for another trapped.
There is no shop which to buy magazines, toothpaste candy. Go figure. there are vending machines on the property however.
there is an abundance of hotels in the immediate area so compare.
There was a noisy wedding in the halls at 1am but on a weekend that should probably be expected but not appreciated. Ask prior to booking on a weekend. But as I said this is connected to a convention center and if they are having an event be prepared for late night noises

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators ice machines , as usual. Prior to booking inquire as to whether they have a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for your feedback and it sounds as if we were unable to meet your expectations. For that I apologize and assure you we will review your feedback during our Operations Meeting in hopes of making some improvement with your suggestions. Sorry to hear about the parking situation as we have over 1500 free parking spots and 150 valet spots available. The lobby has several computers for customers free use and has free Wi Fi service. The Sheraton Link located in the lobby has several food/snack options and free magazines are available both in the link and the Sheraton Fitness Center.
We hope you enjoy your next visit to Overland Park.
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stay at this hotel several times a year. it's always very clean, well furnished, and the staff is always friendly. The restaurant and bar are good, and I like the in-house Starbuck's concept. The fitness centre is well equipped.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BruceBoettcher, General Manager at Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Hello from the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's only our guests that can really tell us what we do right and where improvement is needed. Thanks for your kind remarks. We look forward to your return and besure and let us know if you need anything at all.