“Friendly staff, great suite!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Alan at the front desk was an extremely nice an helpful guy! He was able to upgrade me to a newly renovated suite and he could not have been a happier and more amiable person! The suite was very nice and I had no complaints at all. Great hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear John D,
Thank you for your flattering review of the hotel and staff! We are always pleased to hear that we hit the mark for excellent customer service as well as a clean & comfortable stay.
Your business and patronage are very much appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We named our own price and received a great deal. The lobby was nicely redone. The front desk staff upon arrival was friendly. We did ask for a newly renovated room as we had read some poor reviews about outdated rooms. While the room was remodeled, cuts were made and the room quailty suffered...Our room smelled musty, the window unit HVAC system was noisy, the tile grout in the bathroom was was terrible, the tub did not drain, and the mattress was not comfortable. The location was not conducive to shopping and eating in Overland Park. We purchased the two nights; however, left after one. Upon checking out, I told the clerk we were cutting our visit short. Despite Holiday Inn's posted pledge to make it right or refund, the front desk clerk was quick to say since it was a Priceline reservation, there was nothing she could do. This is not a place I will ever stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Razorbackgirl75,
Our hotel does offer discounted rates at times through several of the 3rd party reservation websites. Priceline does offer significant savings to guests for reserving and paying them for their stay in advance. Refund policies vary with all businesses, although many prepaid reservations are non-refundable.
Your experience with us was unfortunate and I apologize that we were unable to send you away happy. If possible, I would like more information (room number, name, confirmation). . It would give us the opportunity to look into the items you discussed and address them if needed.
Please email or call me if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Alan Jenner
Guest Service Manager
913-895-2791
ajenner@kinseth.com

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Lobby was done as well as some of the rooms, but others including ours was still the dated model. The staff was friendly and helpful. We appreciated the teabag to allow us to brew our morning cup. The room smelled a bit stale - not too serious and we didn't complain. Room and bedding were clean. Bath was small and dated, but I guess it will soon be upgraded. Furniture was fine, even though scheduled for updating. Our discounted rate gave us great value.

Room Tip: There are fewer suites in the front "tower," but those suites are larger than the suite wi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TB_Rays_fan_NJ,

Thank you pointing out all the positives of your stay especially those relating to service and value.

The 1st phase of our renovation completed over half of the guest rooms, the fitness and business center, and all the public and meeting space. The remaining rooms will be completed in the coming year.

We look forward to another opportunity of earning your business and making your next stay with us even more pleasant.

Thank you again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My graduating class from high school celebrated our 65th birthday party at this hotel. We had so much fun that it has taken me almost 6 weeks to write about my experience. We planned a "plated" dinner and it was deliciously prepared (no plastic chicken or mystery meat here). My thanks to the chef, the Chicken Supreme was elegant. The servers were available to fill water and tea glasses, remove dishes and ensure that everything was to our satisfaction. After dinner, we hosted a party for our invited guests, where we served hors d'oeuvres and birthday cake. The hors d'oeuvres were excellent and our guests loved them. We also reserved a suite of rooms for class members who didn't want to drive home after the party or were from out of town. Everyone was satisfied with their rooms. The hotel is undergoing renovations and looks great. Special thanks to the hotel management and Darryl, the banquet manager for making our special evening wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear guest,
Your group was also Fabulous! Thank you for taking the time to complete the review and of course your business. The entire staff will be happy to hear that they had a part in making everyone's night so special. We hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Came in for an overnight stay on Reward points. The front desk people on check in were funny but I was being more serious when I asked for "Did you pick me a good room?" In general it was ok but the ceiling had a leak that splashed on the bathroom countertop and mirror.:( Maintenance guy was great when he came up to check it the next day and it was fine by me that he waited until we left that morning to crawl up in the ceiling access to figure out what was going on. I didn't sleep well due to bed comfort but from travelling full time I know all beds just aren't my bed at home, so again something I could get over. The straw that broke the camel's back - When I'm staying in a full service hotel for leisure I expect to be able to have breakfast in the morning off a menu - not a buffet. Because there were "Soccer Teams" staying in the hotel the restaurant was not offering menu service and buffet only if we wanted to get in line behind the groups of teenagers. No thank you - I wanted to relax and have service - during the week Its mostly just grab a breakfast bar and go this was suppose to be a mini-vacation.

When the front desk asked me if I enjoyed my stay and I explained no she did offer to refund some of my rewards points. I told her no thank you I would just remember that this is not the hotel for me to stay in and that I would make note not to book here in the future.

Kudos to the soccer teams though their coaches were awesome because we didn't hear them in the hallways at all.

Room Tip: I would recommend another location. There are plenty to chose from in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear recent guest,

Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. Your valuable comments will help prevent similar issues in the future.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to change your opinion so that we may earn your business again.

Sincerest regards.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights on a weekend. The location was ok. The front desk staffs were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, a little outdated but that was fine by us. I was very happy overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff. We have just completed the renovation of all the public space, all of the meeting space (including the beautiful Kansas Ballroom), and half of our 191 guest rooms. The hotel looks better than ever!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here one night, just a quick get away. Our room was fine. Maybe needs little update but very clean. It stayed cool in the room. And best of all, it was quiet. I wasn't disturbed by any noises overnight. The hotel is doing remodeling but I did not hear any of it in our room (3rd floor). The best part of our stay was the front desk staff (Alan). He was super polite and very accommodating. Very impressed with it, as so many places don't have good customer service anymore. They were great. Also the housekeeping person, didn't get her name, she was very polite as well. If we need a quick get away again, I would stay here. Thanks for the relaxing night away from home.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff! We are always pleased to hear that we hit the mark for excellent customer service as well as a clean & comfortable stay.