“Great Stop!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful. So easy to get to right off of the interstate. The pool and spa were great and very clean. Keep up the good work! Loads of parking and easy access to a lot of different things in the area!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I placed my reservation through Hotwire, a 3-star hotel for $45/night. I thought it was too good to be true. It was. The Holiday Inn, while perhaps a nice 2.5 star or 2 start hotel, is not what I'd consider a 3-star hotel. The lobby is fairly nice, a bit reminiscent of a furniture store.

I was put in room 303. The welcome at the desk was nice and efficient.

The room is straight out of 1989, but with a flatscreen TV. The bet was a bit too soft for my taste and there was only TWO plug ins that I could locate. One was on the desk with the lamp and the other was in the bathroom. Not exactly a good place to plug in your laptop, your iPod, and your phone.

The room was fairly clean, except the coffee table that was littered with finger prints and needed a coat of Pledge. My hair is not black, so I can always tell when the bathroom isn't as well cleaned as it should be. There was also mud (or at least I hope that's what it was) that remained on the floor next to the toilet during my stay.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out housekeeping's schedule. My first 2 days there they were in my room at around 6PM which I found unusual. The next morning they bursted into my room without knocking at 9:10am. Fortunately I had the latch locked.

The restaurant next door, which I originally thought was a plus, was awful. My food arrived on my plate on a bed of fryer grease. The food was all lamentable with the exception of their turtle torte, which the kind waitress told me was home made. It was fabulous.

Will I stay here again? I don't think so. But it's not the worst place in the world.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GM-36, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the uncommon housekeeping and restaurant issues you experienced. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department managers so that we may resolve any inconsistencies immediately.

The hotel has continued to upgrade through the years and is currently undergoing a renovation that promises to be nothing short of spectacular. We hope to earn your business again in the future should you return to the area.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel was clean & the man who checked us in was friendly and our checking in time was under 3 min. Parking was great! Room was clean! No shower issues....actually no issues at all! Felt safe in the area. Right off the interstate. Easy to get anywhere. Great value!!! Will stay here again if in the area. LOVED the free Wi-fi in the room.

Room Tip: Can't say enough about this hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank khacy19
GM-36, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your WONDERFUL review of the hotel and staff! We are always pleased to hear that we hit the mark for excellent customer service as well as a clean & comfortable stay.
Your business and patronage are very much appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Visited Kansas City for the first time for a weekend getaway and chose a great place to stay. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to answer any questions we had. Our room was very clean with a lot of little amenities to make the stay even better. The hotel itself was very clean with a great spa and pool. The pool was a swim under to the outside and heated. Located right off of Hwy 69 & 35, this hotel location was perfect if you want to visit the Overland/Leawood/Mission area while still being close enough to downtown KC. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure. I will be staying here again when in the KC area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of the property! It's always important to hear how we may improve however comments such as yours are inspiring! As with all of our guests, we look forward to seeing you in the future and exceeding your expectations once again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

First, the staff is friendly and helpful. Second, when it started to rain very hard, water began to stream in from the ceiling and swamp the room! We were told by the staff the roof and outside wall seperated from each other, leading to several rooms getting drenched.

Third, when they moved us to another room, the wind howled in a place where the window didn't seal correctly. Fourth. the heater and AC kept kicking on alternately all night, creating a freeze/burn up effect.

It is unfortunate there are so many serious structural issues. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff made it all bearable until we could book another hotel. Nonetheless, until serious capital improvements are made, we can only say, "If you choose this hotel, bring a wet suit, a parka, and a dinghy."

• Stayed: January 2013
GM-36, Alan Jenner at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and great comments regarding the staff.

Please accept our apologies for the uncommon leak you experienced. The Holiday Inn Overland Park West does not have any structural issues. The January 29th storm that hit the area brought record amounts of rain and wind.

Please call or email me directly should you find a need for lodging in the area again. I would very much like the opportunity to earn back your business.

Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel staff. The water

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in town on business and booked this room with a bit of apprehension. I've found this brand of hotel to be either hit or miss. Thankfully, this time was a hit. The staff were pleasant and the rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom provided a lot of little extras that I found very useful. The sheets were spotless white and the work area was good. My only complaint is that the batteries were dead in the TV remote and I had to get dressed to go downstairs to have them replaced. I guess if that's my only gripe, I did pretty well. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM-36, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel was great. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was very clean. We had a great experience here. We were in town for a soccer tournament. The breakfast was good, but there could have been some healthier choices for the players. This is an older hotel, but VERY clean. It was very easy to find. I would definitely stay here again. It is close to Oakpark Mall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the glowing comments regarding your recent stay.

I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant management & staff so that we can explore your suggestion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park in the near future.