Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskattached restauranton site restaurantroom was cleanthe entire staffhousekeeping staffsoccer tournamentbusiness travelwould highly recommend this hotelvery nice hotelan older hoteloff the highwaya great stayenjoyed my staykc areacoffee makereasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was in town on business and booked this room with a bit of apprehension. I've found this brand of hotel to be either hit or miss. Thankfully, this time was a hit. The staff were pleasant and the rooms were spacious and clean. The bathroom provided a lot of little extras that I found very useful. The sheets were spotless white and the work area was good. My only complaint is that the batteries were dead in the TV remote and I had to get dressed to go downstairs to have them replaced. I guess if that's my only gripe, I did pretty well. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GM-36, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff. Your business is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hotel was great. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was very clean. We had a great experience here. We were in town for a soccer tournament. The breakfast was good, but there could have been some healthier choices for the players. This is an older hotel, but VERY clean. It was very easy to find. I would definitely stay here again. It is close to Oakpark Mall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the glowing comments regarding your recent stay.

I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant management & staff so that we can explore your suggestion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park in the near future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here on points (Platinum PC Member) for a banquet dinner with my wife. Excited to get a night away from the kiddos! Staff were very nice and helpful and acknowledged my PC status and offered me 1 breakfast coupon and 2 bottles of water. Rooms are tired and worn out, but they were clean. The hotel was packed this Saturday with traveling soccer families, and the staff managed well. I alerted the housekeeping staff to the slow tub drain in Room 222 upon check out, so it would be interesting to see if they fixed it. I always let managers know if I'm not happy with a stay and there is something they can do to help me. In this particular instance, I knew that there was nothing they could do. The hotel is old and in need of a thorough remodel. For as busy as it was, the owners should have the funds to embark on this campaign. 20,000 PC points for the night was excessive. This is a 10,000 point per night property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

You’re positive accolades are greatly appreciated however we welcome the comments that help us improve even more. Thank you for alerting us regarding the drain issue from room 222. It was promptly fixed following your departure.

The hotel team and ownership have made a commitment to keep our property clean, maintained, and always looking new. There are many changes planned for 2013 to keep the property fresh and modern.

Please call or email me directly should you find a need for lodging in the area again. I would very much like the opportunity to earn back your business.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The biggest disappointment that my husband and I had was the lack of comfort and sleep in the uncomfortable beds.The building itself was nice and clean looking.We were unable to get a king sized bed, so we settled for queen, and although we sleep on a queen sized bed at home, we can't help but wonder if this was more like a full size bed.(they seemed smaller)The first night there we both tossed and turned, so the following night we changed to the other bed and it was 'slightly' better but still not as comfy as we would have liked. We attended the managers get-together that claimed to offer free appetizers and drink specials on wednesday evenings, only to be greeted by a grouchy manager who pointed out the ONE kind of appetizer and served us our ordered mixed drinks as though we were puttng him out by doing so. We had one drink and left. For the $$ money $$ we spent for two days at this hotel I would have had a nicer stay at the best western where I will be going the next time we are in town. P.S The instant coffee served in the restaurant is horrible!

Room Tip: If you want a good view don't get a room on the south side of the 3rd floor. Ask for another room if you don't sleep well on the first night!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank F K
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

Our highest priority here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park is to ensure our guest satisfaction. The hotel has King and Double beds available that do meet the high standards put in place by Intercontinental Hotel Group.

Your experience in the Green Mill bar was unfortunate as it is continuously recognized for it's great food and friendly service. I will forward your comment to the restaurant manager to explore.

It is my hope that you reconsider your decision on returning to the hotel. Given the opportunity, I believe we can change your opinion. Please contact me directly if you do so that I may extend a complimentary upgrade to one of our King Suites.

Sincerest regards.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is close to my home. My daughter and 8 year old grandson recently came to visit and I made them reservations. It's always an easy process and the people are kind. Just wanted to go out my way to say thank you as I always feel appreciated by this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
GM-36, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012