“A Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

The last hotel on our journey was a nice way to end. Our room was next to the elevator, but was very quiet. The rooms were very clean.

Front desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

However, part of the parking lot is very narrow around the building and feels claustrophobic.

It's located pretty near to a shopping area and some restaurants.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Richmond, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My quest for the perfect Hilton property in Overland Park continues. This is a nice comfortable hotel in a pretty convenient area. Though near the freeway, it isn't noisy -- a big plus. Rooms are typical HGI -- comfy, clean, nothing to complain about. Breakfasts tasty, serving staff very nice. So why only three stars? I felt the front desk was badly understaffed (only one clerk) at what they should have predicted to be busy periods. This caused me a problem in particular. I had a four night stay: two nights money, two nights points. Somehow this was "written up" as two stays. But I did not get a bill after the first two nights; so I went about my business on the third morning, a huge mistake. Evidently I was supposed to "check in" again, and since I hadn't I couldn't get into my room, because I was some sort of wrongdoer. The poor, very sweet front desk clerk couldn't figure out how to get my wife and I (then hot and sweaty and needing to clean up) into our room at 5 pm on a Saturday. She had to go call someone and get computer tips, which took almost half an hour, while we, and about five other new guests, were waiting in line. I felt so sorry for her; and for me, for looking like some sort of abuser of the staff. If they can get their staffing together -- or if you don't do anything at any peak time and don't encounter issues -- this is easily four stars. HGI's are generally a good bet. One last beef with every property I have been in Overland Park: why don't you have Fox Sports KC? People come for the Royals games. I can watch them on my MLB package in California, but not in a KC hotel. What's that about? Get the baseball package!

Room Tip: All pretty good; front side avoids very minor freeway noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. I'd reserved a suite, and upon check in was very pleased with the man checking us in. He mentioned he'd been on the job for 2 weeks, and although he was new, he did a very nice job, was courteous and helpful. Our room was as advertised, clean and nice. My only gripe if I had one is the cable lost connection A LOT. I assume it was satellite, so wasn't terribly surprised. Other then that it was fantastic. The pool/spa was nice and clean. Breakfast was good and service is exceptional. If we ever go to Overland Park again we will definitely be staying here again. In my humble opinion this could easily be a 4 star hotel. Good job all the way around!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great HGI. Everyone very nice on staff. Great breakfast offerings. I'm an oatmeal lover, and theirs wasn't too thin or thick, just right! Like the Keurig coffee makers. I like HGI, especially for more than a few night stay, as you know you get the fridge and the microwave for leftovers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lancaster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a good experience. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. We ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel and the food was excellent for both meals. Wait staff were very attentive. Overall a good choice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Borrego Springs, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The building looks good on the surface but a closer look reveals deferred maintenance… Ripped carpeting in the bedrooms, torn curtains, noisy ventilation system. Bathroom contained hair and dirt from previous occupants. The front desk can be very helpful, but also very busy with long lines and just one attendant. Saturday afternoon check-in is a zoo.

Stayed August 2014
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed for a funeral. It was the cheapest I could find in the immediate area. I should have paid $10 more a night for something else. Was not happy with the noise from the floor above, quality of the bed, housekeeping didn't show up the first day. The bill was $100 more than I booked online (on their system). The location is great, just do not expect a quiet room.

Rooms