“Great service. Excellent staff!”

Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Great service. Excellent staff!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Price was excellent and the staff was amazing! Rhonda is the best manager and will go above and beyond for guests! We were there for a dance convention and hotel remained quiet. Beds in the junior suite were super comfortable and room service was beyond fabulous!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in December 2012 on business. Spacious room, good internet connection and lovely helpful desk staff who helped me organise taxis (local ones were courtesy!) to get to where I needed to be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel experience was not great. The room was very stuffy, and never really cooled down in the dead of winter with the AC on full blast. We also felt like no one had stayed in our room for a while because by the morning, both my husband and I had itchy eyes and had spent a great part of the night sneezing/ coughing when we weren't having allergy problems before or after... so, it had to be the hotel. The bed also had a spring that stuck through the mattress and actually cut my leg in the night.

So, needless to say, we won't be going here again. I was really disappointed because typically the Hilton Garden Inn is a pretty decent hotel. I am thinking that this was either an off property or maybe even an off room.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scarty
Omaha
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed October 19-21st, 2012. The rooms were clean and spacious. The microwave and refrigerator came in very handy. It was also nice to stay in a room that was very quiet. We had some difficulty with purchasing a movie. Apparently, once you purchase, you have to watch it countinuously, no pausing. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful and removed the charge from our bill. The hotel has a great buffet breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Yes, the elevator is slow, but the rooms are spacious, modern, well-maintained, and clean. Every room has a microwave and refrigerator. Rooms with two beds are queens - not doubles. Front staff was great at check-in. As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay at a lot of HGI. This site is typical of the chain. While not the best, it is not as run down as some. I would definitely return if in the area and recommend it as a business hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grove, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn was a good choice for for my wife and I when I had to spend a week at the corporate headquarters in Kansas City. The staff was courteous, the facility was clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good and the location was handy for me with our offices nearby. The beds were great and we especially appreciated the quality pillows.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pros: Great customer service on Sunday afternoon 8/26 when I arrived; I was able to check in early; the room was clean; updated flat screen TVs; internet connection worked without issue; wide bright hallways. Cons: I did not receive my USA Today at my door on any of the days that I stayed; furniture needs an update; too small work out room (which is generally the case for these trypes of hotels that have not gone through a recent renovation) and in general, the area -while within a few minutes drive of restaurants and shopping centers -- was a little "boring", That neing said, the hotel is situated right next to a conference center so should you be attending an event here, then the location is perfect. The fact the stff missed placing the USA Today at my door on all days of my stay was really surprising. There was just nothing very exciting about this hotel -- the furnishings and the decor was showing its age. Would I recommend someone to stay here? Purely if they needed a place for the night or if they needed to be at the convention center. This is not an impressive property so if I would not direct folks to this place is my intent was to impress them. However, if you are in the area for business and just plan on using your room for work or sleep, then this place ifs fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business