“Comfortable Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park
Ranked #4 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The reason I chose this hotel other than location was for the opportunity to try out their "sleep system" beds that could be adjusted to accommodate individual choices. Unfortunately I couldn't perceive any adjustment difference no matter what setting I applied to the mattress. Never the less the mattress was still comfortable without any adjustment. The room and hotel all seemed very clean to me. I thought the amenities were all very good. Microwave, coffee pot, mini frig and free internet made me feel at home. The only snafu of any consequence was that originally we were assigned a room that was already occupied. The people in there did invite us to their party. Once we got our own room, our stay was very pleasant. The free breakfast buffet was very good but I think it was part of a weekend package we got and not always free. ( I could be wrong). All in all the was a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. Front desk was friendly and helpful, immediately addressing any needs we had. Our room was clean, and in good condition. Although the beds had adjustable settings, neither my wife nor I found them to be very comfortable, but were sufficient. The pool area was typical for this chain, and that of others in this price range. Actually, the pool was kept a little warmer than the last several hotel pools we swam in, a welcomed change. Fitness area was minimal, but still nicer then some. Breakfast was very good, and the staff was friendly. We paid about $10 a night extra to include the breakfast, which I highly recommend doing. We certainly can't go to McD's for breakfast and spend less for a family of four! The selection is very good, and kept fresh. Their breakfast is probably the single biggest reason why we often choose HGI over other comparable hotels.

Room Tip: Opt for the included breakfast, especially for families.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a shopping weekend with my Mom. The front desk women were great especially Gina. Such a sweetheart, gave us good dinner suggestions and free breaksfast coupons.

Rooms were very clean and nice. Hotel overall was very clean and well kept. The hotel was full but never seemed crowded. It is very close to the interstate.

Armando who makes your omlets was so sweet, he even made me a special hot salsa when I was bummed they only had mild. Breakfast is pretty pricey for what you get I think, I'm glad we didn't pay.

Overall great stay and great staff from the front desk to dining to housekeeping!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in a king suite and the room was spacious. The room was clean and modern and had 2 TV's which was nice after putting kids to bed. My only complaint would be the bed...it kind of sunk to the middle. It might be time to update mattresses.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel was a couple blocks off of the interstate, easy to get to. The room was nice, the AC unit (which always is an issue with me) wasn't as annoying as most places. Breakfast was good with a good selection of items plus build your own eggs or omelets.

The downside was that we had to ask receptionist about breakfast and wifi, and then we got coupons for breakfast. I have a hunch that a lot of the people were staying in the hotel still ended up paying for that breakfast that should have been included. Note to travelers-Ask about breakfast and if it is included or extra (cost $9.95 ea). If they tell you that it is extra, push the issue a little and you may get it free.

Room Tip: We had a 4th floor room, no rooms above so it was quiet. This was a stop while traveling so in at 8...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is a little way out of Kansas City, but it is a fairly good run into downtown, and the hotel is positioned well for interstate access. Our room was light and had good facilities and we got a warm welcome upon arrival.
Breakfast was not included in the rate.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arnoldo33
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because of its location and because I've had good luck with Hilton Garden Inn's around they country.

This was equally good vale of features for the price....comfortable, clean, and quiet with a good breakfast and very convenient to the people we were visiting.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business