“Great for brunch and dinner!”
Review of Blue Moose - CLOSED

Blue Moose
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The more moose the merrier! Offering six great locations in Kansas, Blue Moose is the perfect place to meet friends and family in the neighborhood! Wine and dine, or have a beer and cheer – indoors or al fresco – on the best open air patios in the city. Offering 6 great locations in Kansas, Blue Moose is the perfect place to meet friends and family in the neighborhood! Wine and dine, or have a beer and cheer! We offer weekly Sunday brunch with a beautiful and tasty buffet, opening at 10am. Daily lunch specials, including all you can eat Fish & Chips on Fridays! Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 4 to 6pm. Don't miss our thirsty Thursday all day special - $2 and $2.50 beers! Our Alcove is perfect for happy hours, receptions, wedding events, graduations, company dinners, family events, birthday parties, luncheons—and more!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have made many trips to the Blue Moose in Prairie Village, KS and Overland Park, KS. I have always had great service, food, and experience. Not only do I love them for lunch/dinner - but my husband and I love making it to their Sunday morning brunch. They basically serve all of my favorite things off their menu - and I get it all at one time! We love meeting up with friends after work at Blue Moose - they always have awesome daily specials and half price appetizers. If you are in the area - definitely stop by the Blue Moose!

Date of visit: December 2012

Reviewed July 21, 2012

When I saw the TVs, I wondered if the food would just be sports bar fare, but it was much better. Had the create-your-own mac-n-cheese with shrimp, which was good, and the green beans, which were wonderful -- firm and flavorful. Server was knowledgeable and helpful, too.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The only real negative to me is the noise, but unfortunately this is typical of many similar places in the county. The food is also typical of many similar places in the county. I have been to this Blue Moose location a couple of times and I suppose I will return if hunger suddenly hits me when I am close by. I would not go far out of my way when there seems to be a new restaurant I have not yet tried opening in the area every month or so. They do have amusements for small children while waiting for food and a pretty good children's menu.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have eaten at Blue Moose many times and have always been satisfied with the service and the food. The atmosphere is very nice too. Last time I was there with a friend and we ate out on the patio. It was so gorgeous outside and too nice to eat indoors that day. Their menu is great for dieters, kids and picky eaters. They allow substitutions for your side dishes with your meals so you can get exactly what you want. I have many favorites there. The fish and chips are awesome. I also really like their Mahi fish tacos. My very favorite side is their Chipotle rice!!! I have also had their Chicken Nachos on the appetizer menu. I had them for a meal. It is huge and awesome! The desserts are amazing! For couples or young people, the bar area is very lively and fun.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Escaped a convention event for a private chat with colleagues- good interior, excellant array of tidbit eats and knowledgeable bartender who made a mean Shirley Temple.

Date of visit: April 2012