“Great Place!”

Residence Inn Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We've stayed here many times and have never had any problems. They serve both a very good extensive daily breakfast and a very nice lite dinner M-Th, with wine. Rooms are spacious, clean, quiet, and all the staff are most helpful. NIce indoor pool and a small but adequate work-out room. The price is excellent. The hotel is near many great attractions including Town Center shopping mall, the New Theatre, and others. It is a very nice, upscale area, and seems safe and secure. This is probably the best hotel for the money that we have ever stayed at. I think this is the 15th or so rated hotel in the area. I would make it in the top 3 and probably tied for #1. My wife and I stay here every time we visit the KC area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Douglas Zatechk... Z

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I went to KC for a family trip. We had booked a king room for ourselves. We were upgraded to a nice 2 bedroom suite which worked out very well for us since our son had to stay with us for 2 days since his apt was not quite ready to move into. Unlike most other Residence Inns I have stayed at, this one serves breakfast even on the weekend. Not sure if this is routine or if I just got lucky. It seems like the entire place was booked by travelling soccer teams. Must have been a tournament in town that weekend (Veterans Day weekend). The rooms were clean and weel appointed. I loved the beds. We had 3 TV's in our suite which was very nice since the 3 of us didnt have to fight over the remotes :).

THe rooms are set up for cooking etc, but we of course were out tasting the local fare. Must go to Okhlahoma Joe's in KC, MO. It is Tony Bourdains list of 13 places to eat at before you die.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This property is great. It is extremely comfortable, accommodates pets, has fireplaces in the rooms, rooms have plenty of space with hi def big screen TVs, and is well located by shops, movies and restaurants. I was visiting my mom and dad, whom is very ill. Visits with them were a little stressful given his health situation, coming back to the Residence Inn really helped me recharge.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have been staying at the Residence Inn Overland Park now for 20 years and it is one of the best value hotel deals going. The rooms are clean and well-equipped. The staff is helpful. Good laundry facilities. They serve breakfast and drinks hour snacks. The rooms are fully set up for cooking so you don't have to go out if you don't want to. The rates are very competitive. My normal habitat is five star hotels that cost four times as much yet I am always happy at the Residence Inn in Overland Park. Good shopping nearby too.

Room Tip: We like a ground floor 2 bedroom room - amazing space for the money.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JackL0nd0n
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn in Overland Park. This is our hotel of choice. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly and everything is perfect. There is alot of shopping options in the area and it's a nice clean part of town. Breakfast is included with our room, which is always nice. For the price, you can't beat it. I would recommend this brand of hotels to anyone. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a month on business. Throughout my stay the staff was prompt and courteous for all of my many needs from directions to local attractions, to arranging a massage at the day spa nearby. The rooms are spacious with nice decor. Flat screen TVs and a kitchen. The only complaints I have is that during my staff they had a problem with the jacuzzi and it did not get resolved for a while. (I love the jacuzzi), and being Kansas with a lot of storms, the internet was out for a few days. So business travelers here need to have a back up plan. The pool is nice and large and there is free breakfast and at dinner a appetizer bar (which was dinner for me, it was filling)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel is great in all but ONE area - their WI-FI internet service! If, like me, you REQUIRE a reasonably fast wi-fi to function effectively for work, then DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and STAY ELSEWHERE! Their wi-fi is OUTDATED and BARELY better performing than old DIAL-UP service! They use an .11g router, that for whatever reason, is totally inadequate for ANYTHING other than checking your email! FORGET anything requiring streaming video, Skype, etc. It simply will NOT function at this hotel, and as we all know nowadays - few things are more frustrating than a slow, USELESS, internet speed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business