“The front desk was very nice and check in was easy. The...”

Days Inn Overland Park
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Days Inn every time I'm in Kansas. It's a great place to stay. The beds are comfortable and TV's are great. Friendly professional service at front desk. It's a cheap affordable place. I would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap, quiet safe location place to spend the night. I will be looking forward to staying there again when I'm in the KC area again.

• Stayed February 2013
Harrisonville, Missouri
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I booked a room and stayed the night last week when Snow Storm Q hit Kansas City with 15-19 inches of snow as we both needed to be at work the following day.

The room was cheap, reasonably clean and the bed was not the worst I've slept on, which is the highest praise I can provide. The heater was not very good. It was an older style wire coil radiator which hung along the outside wall of the room. It did not fully catch up to a comfortable temp until well into the night.

The room itself was extremely small. Most of the room was taken up by the King sized bed which made it difficult for my husband and I to move about without blocking each other in. The bathroom was also very small. Barely room to stand without being in the shower. The furniture was outdated and the towels were a slight step up from sandpaper.

When I called down to the office to ask about the Wifi access that was supposed to be available it rang for nearly five minutes and went unanswered. When I called back about 15 minutes later I was informed that the Wifi was broken.

Neither my husband or I stopped by for the complimentary continental breakfast the following morning. If the room was any indication, I don't think we missed much there.

All in all, it was better than spending the night stuck in the office or stranded in the road. Still, I don't plan to return. There is another snow storm coming to the area this week and I will be making plans to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel to KC nearly every weekend for work and have stayed at this particular property about 15 times in the last year. It's certainly not the Hilton, but it's clean. Nice, newer TV's in the rooms, and I like it that most rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges. On one occasion I was given a room that had not been cleaned/prepared; the front desk guy was very quick to give me another room.
Even thought the rooms are clean, the property has seen it's wear and tear. There are minor tears in the carpets and dents on the walls... it's dated. The management here seems to have done a good job with what they have to work with. I'm not a big fan of the doors-on-the-outside motel design, but it feels reasonably safe.
Breakfast leaves something to be desired: Stale toaster waffles, bagels, and cereal, and there's only enough room for about 6 people to be in the breakfast room at a time.
All in all, it's a comfortable budget motel for a solo-traveling guy to stay when in town for business. No frills or thrills -- just a simple, clean room.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so unless you're up to climbing a set of stairs you might want to request...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great place to stay. I've stayed there a couple nights with my father. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, clean bathrooms and nice TVs and they have great customer service. I fell in love with the skinny beautiful front desk clerk they have. My only concern was a dog barking in the middle of the night. Other than that, it's a place to love and visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family