“This is a great hotel at a great location...”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I stayed for more than a month at this hotel. The cost was economical, the staff was friendly and cordial, the accommodations were nice; I cannot say enough good things about my experience here. This hotel does not have all the bells and whistles (pool, spa, restaurant, lounge, etc.) you get for lots more money elsewhere, but I could not ask for anything more. There are many restaurants and clubs in the immediate area. The room was nicely appointed and very clean. The breakfast area was clean and I never noticed that anything was lacking. It is a basic breakfast - juice, bagels, muffins, coffee, oatmeal, fruit, etc. There is a gym facility on site. My room was quiet and I was never uncomfortable in or outside the building. I rarely heard any other guests. There is a cook top, microwave, dishwasher and full-sized fridge. No oven but then again, you aren't paying > $100/night either!!!! Check this place out next time you need to stay in the Overland Park area, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf

Reviewed March 16, 2008

I was not impressed by this hotel in the least bit. The check in staff said little more then here is your key and your room number to me when I checked in. Once in the room there was ripped carpet that was dirty, the chair in the room was heavily stained on the cushions, the shower curtian had mold growing on it and it smelled as if no one had been in the room for months. Also the walls were so thin that everytime someone walked down the hall or spoke in the next toom we could hear them and each time someone entered their room and their door closed, it shook the walls in our room. Needless to say we got no sleep. Also on the day we checked out, we received a call at 11 am from the front desk asking why we had not checked out yet eventhough all of the paperwork we printed out from the internet reservation (because nothing was given to us or printed in our room) stated that checkout was noon but were then told that at this location it was 11 during the phone call. When we stopped by the front desk on our way out, the staff (same person that checked us in) again barely spoke to us and did not ask us anything about how are stay was. I would heavily advise against anyone staying at this hotel. We definately will not ever return to this location or any others by this name.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Lyssa2179
Reviewed February 9, 2008

This hotel was exceptionally clean and the furnishings in the room were all in very good shape. I upgraded to a room with a recliner which was worth it for me. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and competent. I have absolutely no complaints at all and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Jocelyn S
Reviewed December 8, 2007

this esa is an old Wellesley Inn converted
into a ESA Deluxe. It has 2 problems that
make it NOT a good place to stay.
1- the windows DONT open,
you will choke on cheap chinese made
cleaning chemical fumes. should be
illegal.
2- The side doors dont have access to the upper floors. you have to go to the center and go up. stupid and ridiculous design.
Who ever designed this place was most
likely fired from their first architecture job.
Someone gets paid for this/???

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank trav3908
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
Candlewood Suites Overland Park
#23 of 37 in Overland Park
Super 8 Overland Park KC Area Near Convention Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf

Address: 7201 W 106th St, Overland Park, KS 66212-2546
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Price Range: $83 - $150 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City / Overland Park / Metcalf Hotel Overland Park